The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

I hope they will be staying but who knows.

The EU are demanding a serious response from the UK about what will happen to EU citizens living in the UK as the first phase of brexit talks?

Didnt may offer to sort it straight away but it was the EU not giving full backing= https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/17/deal-citizens-rights-full-eu-theresa-may-brexit-referendum

No mention of the U.K. Citizens in the EU and what happens to them but that's to be expected from the arrogant EU= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39755124

Out of interest, what time period is this job loss estimation over. Are we talking immediately or what exactly?

I have no argument with your quoted figure, I also checked and found similar estimates but there are no indications as to how soon this would/might happen.

It doesn't matter how long it takes. What matters is the capability of the economy to provide replacement jobs. The risk is they won't be replaced.

---------- Post added 30-04-2017 at 08:19 ----------

The EU are demanding a serious response from the UK about what will happen to EU citizens living in the UK as the first phase of brexit talks?

Didnt may offer to sort it straight away but it was the EU not giving full backing= https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/17/deal-citizens-rights-full-eu-theresa-may-brexit-referendum

No mention of the U.K. Citizens in the EU and what happens to them but that's to be expected from the arrogant EU= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39755124

It would be good to get it sorted ASAP because it is fundamentally wrong to use people as bargaining chips. Both sides are guilty of that.

It would be good to get it sorted ASAP because it is fundamentally wrong to use people as bargaining chips. Both sides are guilty of that.

The UK nationals living in the EU are not at risk.

Art 19 EU charter of fundamental rights- collective expulsions are prohibited.

Of the 1.2 million brits living in the EU states by far the largest group is pensioners living in Spain, France and Ireland. The others who hold a job will have got dual nationality if they have any sense.

It doesn't matter how long it takes. What matters is the capability of the economy to provide replacement jobs. The risk is they won't be replaced.

So we're at risk of not being able to find alternative employment for people that haven't lost their jobs yet, is that it?

This figure will be on top of the 2 to 3 million job losses (estimated) caused by austerity in the UK, an estimated 25 million across europe.

Job losses from what I can tell, would appear to be an inevitable part of the economy whatever, wouldn't you say. We can't safeguard them,

So we're at risk of not being able to find alternative employment for people that haven't lost their jobs yet, is that it?

This figure will be on top of the 2 to 3 million job losses (estimated) caused by austerity in the UK, an estimated 25 million across europe.

Job losses from what I can tell, would appear to be an inevitable part of the economy whatever, wouldn't you say. We can't safeguard them,

The key word is risk.

I believe we are at high risk of significant job losses, and at high risk of not being capable of replacing them. I also believe that the losses won't all be gradual over time but will come in a series of shocks to the economy.

You want to believe those risks don't exist, kind of like a blind optimism.

One of us is going to be right about the risks and it's probably not going to be you.

The key word is risk.

I believe we are at high risk of significant job losses, and at high risk of not being capable of replacing them. I also believe that the losses won't all be gradual over time but will come in a series of shocks to the economy.

One of us is going to be right about the risks and it's probably not going to be you.

Change isnt to be feared but embraced.

The british have always been at the front of progress.

Change isnt to be feared but embraced.

The british have always been at the front of progress.

Why kind of change?

Job losses, long term unemployment, inability to pay debts, reduced prospects for youngsters, social unrest?

People need to know what the risks are, that change is not always for the best.

That is the single most striking and ongoing problem with both sides of the debate. Neither are informative.

The key word is risk.

I don't think I hinted at denying the risk involved, moreover I'm questioning the mantra that losses are a recent occurence wherin fact they have been happening for a long long time and in great numbers.

What a great description of the EU :)

Add open borders and terrorism and its perfect

Not for the UK though ;)

Leaving the EU could make us more like the rest of it, weirdly

---------- Post added 30-04-2017 at 13:44 ----------

I don't think I hinted at denying the risk involved, moreover I'm questioning the mantra that losses are a recent occurence wherin fact they have been happening for a long long time and in great numbers.

That doesn't excuse embarking on a path (that half of us don't want) that risks wanton destruction of jobs.