The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Not for the UK though ;)

Leaving the EU could make us more like the rest of it, weirdly

---------- Post added 30-04-2017 at 13:44 ----------

That doesn't excuse embarking on a path (that half of us don't want) that risks wanton destruction of jobs.

Better to stay on the path that has already cost jobs, strange logic.

Better to stay on the path that has already cost jobs, strange logic.

On the contrary the Tories have spent the last 7 years telling us how many millions of jobs theyve created. Now THEY want to change path.

Look I know you are working hard -and being quite civil about it - to downplay the risk of economic problems because of Brexit. And I understand why - now (pre-election) is not the time for the risks to be made more apparent.

Your bosses will be pleased with you, but let me say that if you stay as a user of this site when the economy starts melting down I'm going to remind you about the warnings.

On the contrary the Tories have spent the last 7 years telling us how many millions of jobs theyve created. Now THEY want to change path.

Look I know you are working hard -and being quite civil about it - to downplay the risk of economic problems because of Brexit. And I understand why - now (pre-election) is not the time for the risks to be made more apparent.

Your bosses will be pleased with you, but let me say that if you stay as a user of this site when the economy starts melting down I'm going to remind you about the warnings.

There are alot of countries outside of the EU that do extremely well.

We are one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet. Well be fine.

There are alot of countries outside of the EU that do extremely well.

We are one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet. Well be fine.

I don't share your misplaced optimism.

A lot of people will not be feeling 'fine' when the consequences of what they have voted for become clearer.

Is that it then?

It costs nothing to be civil :D

Remember also to say thank you when it's all rosy..

It costs nothing to admit that Brexit could result in serious economic difficulty.

Equally one could argue it costs nothing to admit that remaining within the EU would forever damage the aspirations of millions of British citizens who value liberty and independence, the freedom for Britain to make her own laws, to self-govern, and to protect her own borders. These are the very foundations of a nation state, and they the foundations which our forebears paid for in blood & sacrifice.

Equally one could argue it costs nothing to admit that remaining within the EU would forever damage the aspirations of millions of British citizens who value liberty and independence, the freedom for Britain to make her own laws, to self-govern, and to protect her own borders. These are the very foundations of a nation state, and they the foundations which our forebears paid for in blood & sacrifice.

Problems is it is a fiction in the minds of badly misinformed people that we don't already enjoy those things.

You're taking this back to the misinformation, half-truths of the referendum campaign.

You'll be banging on about Turkey again next. Tip for you: save Turkey for Christmas ;)