The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Equally one could argue it costs nothing to admit that remaining within the EU would forever damage the aspirations of millions of British citizens who value liberty and independence, the freedom for Britain to make her own laws, to self-govern, and to protect her own borders. These are the very foundations of a nation state, and they the foundations which our forebears paid for in blood & sacrifice.

Touch'e............

Equally one could argue it costs nothing to admit that remaining within the EU would forever damage the aspirations of millions of British citizens who value liberty and independence, the freedom for Britain to make her own laws, to self-govern, and to protect her own borders. These are the very foundations of a nation state, and they the foundations which our forebears paid for in blood & sacrifice.

You can't really argue that though, simply because it's not remotely true.

But it won't... nothing is forever.

You could admit that Brexit is damaging the concept of Britain and that once it breaks up, then there is no way back. This is the country that our ancestors paid for with their lives and by leaving we are ignoring the choice they made in the 70s and disrespecting their blood, sweat and tears.

But you won't...

Better to stay on the path that has already cost jobs, strange logic.

Being a member of one of the largest economic blocs and trading groups on the planet 'cost' jobs? I'd be fascinated by the proof behind that statement.

It costs nothing to admit that Brexit could result in serious economic difficulty.

After all the effort I've put in to say otherwise!

---------- Post added 30-04-2017 at 21:28 ----------

Being a member of one of the largest economic blocs and trading groups on the planet 'cost' jobs? I'd be fascinated by the proof behind that statement.

No, no, pay attention. What I said a few posts prior to that was that austerity had caused the job losses.

We are one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet. Well be fine.

Is that based on the way you fight your elections with lies and bul****.

All elections are based on lies and bull****, that's what politics are about or do you believe all politicians speak the truth? :rolleyes:

All elections are based on lies and bull****, that's what politics are about or do you believe all politicians speak the truth? :rolleyes:

We don't have to accept that. You don't have to accept that.

What about the next election when Asians are perceived to be the problem and politicians and the media are telling lies about decent honest people from your community?

I and many, many others will stick up for you and stand shoulder to shoulder with you all the way, but you have to be aware you are a potential next target. Once the poles etc... are off the scene you could be next. That's how UKIP and right wing trash media works

You don't have to accept it.

It's no skin off your nose I'm sure. You'll be doing something else after June no doubt.

I dont follow sorry. I'm not bailing if that's what you're suggesting!

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 02:36 ----------

No but there's certainly an acceptance that European politicians are more believable in what they say. Not sure how that works. Ours are talking lies from start to finsh yet across that little strip of water, from France and beyond in all directions Remain don't question anything said, it's taken as gospel, wierd.

Edited by silentP