The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

No but there's certainly an acceptance that European politicians are more bellevable in what they say. Not sure how that works. Ours are talking lies from start to finsh yet across that little strip of water, from France and beyond in all directions Remain don't question anything said, it's taken as gospel, wierd.
Whist I don't accept that hyperbole for a monent, I'll also note that they're not the ones peddling a strong & stable Brexit

Whist I don't accept that hyperbole for a monent, I'll also note that they're not the ones peddling a strong & stable Brexit

It's kind of true though isn't it, why else would you resort to deflection as an argument, that's not you at all.

Our home grown politicians have their speeches taken with a pinch of salt but as soon as Merkel, Verhofstadt, any of the 27 speak, all of a sudden Leave should pay attention. Are foreign politicians more believable!

Perhaps you could count the times Angela Merkel has been caught lying or more generously, just changing her mind, in the last 18 months and compare that to May?

Personally I treat politicians from either side as suspect, the remain politicians didn't have to sell a lie though, we have 40 years of evidence to base predictions on, they didn't have to promise a glorious future based on nothing, I didn't even need them to tell me how things were likely to be. I could just look at how things were.

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 08:46 ----------

All elections are based on lies and bull****, that's what politics are about or do you believe all politicians speak the truth? :rolleyes:

Being caught in an actual, egregious lie (ie not a mistake or difference of opinion), should for a politician, be a crime.

Being factually incorrect when the facts are available should result in a moderate fine, 1 days income for every time it happens.

Statistical manipulation, that's harder to stop, you can pick and chose your statistics, which they've become masters of.

Perhaps you could count the times Angela Merkel has been caught lying or more generously, just changing her mind, in the last 18 months and compare that to May?

That would be a tricky one to gauge Cyclone, her waning popularity in Germany would suggest she's no better than our own though

It's kind of true though isn't it, why else would you resort to deflection as an argument, that's not you at all.

Our home grown politicians have their speeches taken with a pinch of salt but as soon as Merkel, Verhofstadt, any of the 27 speak, all of a sudden Leave should pay attention. Are foreign politicians more believable!

I'm not deflecting at all, simply opining about your own opinion.

If and when you should choose to support your opinion, I'll be sure give it proportional consideration :)

I'm not deflecting at all, simply opining about your own opinion.

If and when you should choose to support your opinion, I'll be sure give it proportional consideration :)

There's 120 pages of evidence that shows that remain place more faith in what europe is saying than what our own politicians say :)

Guest sibon
There's 120 pages of evidence that shows that remain place more faith in what europe is saying than what our own politicians say :)

I think that when you are faced with a 27 to 1 battle, it would be wise to believe that the 27 would prevail.

Give us some quotes on what EU politicians have said that the UK should ignore and listen to what UK politicians have said instead.

I think that when you are faced with a 27 to 1 battle, it would be wise to believe that the 27 would prevail.

I agree it's a bit charge of the light brigade but we're a tenacious race :hihi:

Politics is interwoven with a lattice of deceit and untruths so there's always the chance. Whatever is decided I still see the UK making a serious go at success, it's how we are.

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 10:55 ----------

Give us some quotes on what EU politicians have said that the UK should ignore and listen to what UK politicians have said instead.

There are none that's what I mean. Why should we believe one over the other?

you have to be aware you are a potential next target. Once the poles etc... are off the scene you could be next. That's how UKIP and right wing trash media works

The issue has never been about particular ethnic groups. It has allot more to do with integration within communities and the lack of cultural assimilation within our societies. Broadly speaking we package all this in the term 'immigration'.

Again this is something the liberal elites fail to understand, once you take on a globalist view of the world where everyone is a global citizen operating in borderless environments, the very idea of a 'local community' becomes obsolete.

The issue of immigration statistics is where I start to part company with my fellow conservatives. I am not convinced that immigration is purely an issue of numbers. It's a much deeper social issue that will not resolve itself by counting heads.