The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

So why use links to promote the argument, speak as you see it, its not so easy to argue with the likes of presidents and priministers anyway. Aren't you just using the view of someone else to make a point. Use them as a reference if you (and I use the word You as a generalisation) must but we're not all that highly educated as to defend that position.

Could you try putting that another way because it reads as a complaint that it's not a fair argument because the remainers are better educated...

It might be a fair assessment of the situation, but it is a ridiculous complaint so I'm sure I've misunderstood...

That's my point of view and we already know it isn't guided by politics. I don't profess to speak for all those other leave voters with a good deal more comprehension of all things worldly.

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:06 ----------

So why use links to promote the argument, speak as you see it, its not so easy to argue with the likes of presidents and priministers anyway. Aren't you just using the view of someone else to make a point. Use them as a reference if you (and I use the word You as a generalisation) must but we're not all that highly educated as to defend that position.

Are you serious?

It sounds like you don't like to hear what is coming straight from the horses mouth.It's called reality,what the people with power are saying,why would I replace that when that IS the point.

Could you try putting that another way because it reads as a complaint that it's not a fair argument because the remainers are better educated...

It might be a fair assessment of the situation, but it is a ridiculous complaint so I'm sure I've misunderstood...

Any references I make are toward my own self, I am not speaking for anyone else. I'm intelligent enough to hold a conversation but it's not so easy to counter something you don't fully understand. Remainers and Leavers are not a different species are they, either one of us could be the other so to suggest that one is more intelligent than the other is wrong anyway.

Any references I make are toward my own self, I am not speaking for anyone else. I'm intelligent enough to hold a conversation but it's not so easy to counter something you don't fully understand. Remainers and Leavers are not a different species are they, either one of us could be the other so to suggest that one is more intelligent than the other is wrong anyway.

Didn't analysis show that remain voters were likely to be more highly educated. Just saying.....

Anyway, unbeliever seems to have gone AWOL. Know where it is?

Are you serious?

It sounds like you don't like to hear what is coming straight from the horses mouth.It's called reality,what the people with power are saying,why would I replace that when that IS the point.

Yes I'm serious, why can't you express it in your words? I appreciate politicians have a certain way of talking and in general its to people that walk in that circle but how the hell do the majority make sense of it, how are we supposed to make decisions or form opinions over conversations and jargon we struggle to understand. I'm sure there's a huge amount of remainers in the same position and may also explain the 'dont knows'

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:41 ----------

Didn't analysis show that remain voters were likely to be more highly educated. Just saying.....

Anyway, unbeliever seems to have gone AWOL. Know where it is?

It did yes but I don't recall it saying that they were right.....just saying ;)

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:44 ----------

Unbeliever left coz you all ganged up on him remember:D

Edited by silentP

I was not suggesting that, merely recounting my understanding of what you were saying.

And if the selection into camps was by random means, then your point about being the same species would have validity, but it was not: selection was by various means including (but not limited to) the ability to recognise the nonsense for the bent banana story.

Since you have raised the point, one might consider taking it a step further and ask you to consider how a vote on a question might turn out if the camps were actually divided specifically according to intelligence: all those above average to vote one way and all those below to vote another...

Allowing for a 2% margin of error that could give 48:52.

Would you suggest that such a vote would be undemocratic?

Yes I'm serious, why can't you express it in your words? I appreciate politicians have a certain way of talking and in general its to people that walk in that circle but how the hell do the majority make sense of it, how are we supposed to make decisions or form opinions over conversations and jargon we struggle to understand. I'm sure there's a huge amount of remainers in the same position and may also explain the 'dont knows'

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:41 ----------

It did yes but I don't recall it saying that they were right.....just saying ;)

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:44 ----------

Unbeliever left coz you all ganged up on him remember:D

It was nice of you to take his place. You don't seem as deranged.

I was not suggesting that, merely recounting my understanding of what you were saying.

And if the selection into camps was by random means, then your point about being the same species would have validity, but it was not: selection was by various means including (but not limited to) the ability to recognise the nonsense for the bent banana story.

Since you have raised the point, one might consider taking it a step further and ask you to consider how a vote on a question might turn out if the camps were actually divided specifically according to intelligence: all those above average to vote one way and all those below to vote another...

Allowing for a 2% margin of error that could give 48:52.

Would you suggest that such a vote would be undemocratic?

Hmmm! I suppose the vote would be democratic but determining the level of intelligence may violate some code, this is my first thought, I'll deliberate as the day wears on if that's permissible.

So lets get this right,you are asking why remainers are giving more credence to what EU politicians are saying over UK politicians,and yet, you are struggling to make sense of what politicians are saying?...........so how would you know that EU politicians are not to be believed above UK politicians or vice versa, if you can't grasp much of either?

Others who do grasp it have no such doubts,or are they supposed to dumb themselves down in this debate.

You want informed information from the people who are going to make the important decisions,but it sounds like it is easy for them to pull the wool over your eyes,simply because you don;t understand what they are saying!!

This will come as no surprise to many on here,but what it means is that if this is replicated,many already have had the wool pulled over their eyes because they don't understand what the people in power are saying.