The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Presumably all you europhobes, scared of ever closer union are not in favour of Scotland having another referendum and leaving the UK, or NI leaving the UK and reunification of Ireland... That must hurt your brains right, the self contradiction inherent in the opposing views, how do you reconcile that?

Why should Scotland have another referendum? They voted toi stay part of the UK and then voted on the EU referendum.

So when they voted in the EU referendum they were officially and democratically part of the process.

If they had abstained from the EU vote then they may have grounds for a second referendum. But they voted and the UK voted to leave.

Also, i would be extremely happy to see Ireland and NI to be finally reunited. That would be amazing.

...I'm intrigued. What is your gut telling you?
That you are ub's alter ego.

If you are, welcome back, so far I like the new you better. If you are not, no offence or malice intended :)

Sainsbury's full-year profits before tax have fallen to £503m, down 8.2% from £548m, hit by price cuts and tough competition on the High Street.

Due to Brexit?

Only to the extent of the devalued £ making everything more expensive to import (thus including much of retailers' wares) for the past 6+ months, which will definitely have had an effect on Sainsbury's bottom line (since the supers have enjoyed the balance of volume supply contracts at pre-referendum levels -initially maintaining profitability post-referendum for a while- and to my knowledge haven't passed the full 20% differential onto customers since -denting profitability thereafter-).

The "Brexit effect" on bottom lines is only just starting: May's Article 50 letter didn't go in until end March, just over a month ago.

It will slowly snowball as inflation beds in, wages continue to stagnate, the £ tanks further as negotiations go on (expectedly, but for a brief rally around June 08/09), and businesses either carry on sitting on their thumb or bite the bullet and move (but meanwhile don't invest here, all the same).

After that, it's less objective. For instance, it's an open and debatable question as to whether the currently free-falling levels of consumer spending (which had sustained the UK economy since the referendum) are due to Brexit fears or not.

Edited by L00b

So now the bill has gone up to €100 billion. Such extortionate demands deserve a robust response, beginning with.....

Just speculation from the Financial Times. Everything you're reading on brexit is currently speculation.

Relax and enjoy the sunshine until it's made official :lol:

Just speculation from the Financial Times. Everything you're reading on brexit is currently speculation.

Relax and enjoy the sunshine until it's made official :lol:

I reckon that's the best advice in the thread!

That you are ub's alter ego.

I'm with this conspiracy. You only showed up just as ub was leaving the thread....you are unbeliever and I claim my five pounds!

Well I'm not sure whether to be hurt or flattered. I imagine that the rainbow unicorn is also of the same opinion :hihi:

You're all wrong, I am who I am, it's sheer coincedence that my arrival corresponded with his departure.

Of course there's no way I can prove this that I can think of!

Guys, don't screw this up for me, I like this forum (looks for on his knees emoji) :)

I'm with this conspiracy. You only showed up just as ub was leaving the thread....you are unbeliever and I claim my five pounds!

I don't think this is unbeliever who I genuinely believe has taken a holiday from here due to being ganged up on by the bitter remainers.