The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Unbeliever was last active on the 29th April.

It's not unbelievable that he's gone on holiday is it... Travelling on either Sat/Sun, away for a week, making use of the BH weekend to only use 4 days leave. He'll probably be back on the 6th to continue his misleading efforts to portray leaving the EU as somehow beneficial.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=202085

Thus spake the leavers clique, being nasty and bitter toward Obelix.

---------- Post added 03-05-2017 at 12:53 ----------

It's probably not really the leave voters faults that they're so gullible and short sighted. It's difficult not to hold it against them though... :thumbsup:

Nobody has been nasty towards obelix so put the remainer victim card away..:rolleyes:

You are one of the nasty remainers I'm on about, unbeliever came on here debating with the remainers and all that I saw happening was you and the others in your clique being nasty and bitter towards him.

Dreadful people: continually calling out his bluffs and fallacies. That last ad hominem was a real classic. ;)

Seriously though, I do hope he's all right, and not done something daft like had a heart attack. :?

You are one of the nasty remainers I'm on about, unbeliever came on here debating with the remainers and all that I saw happening was you and the others in your clique being nasty and bitter towards him.

Really?

Poking holes in dubious arguments and pointing out the flaws in them is being nasty?

What do you call poking fun at me then when my goddaughter hanged herself because of brexit. That's just ******* hijinks and a bit of a laugh is it? Because that's the sort of crap I've had off the so civilised Brexiters!

---------- Post added 03-05-2017 at 13:16 ----------

Nobody has been nasty towards obelix so put the remainer victim card away..:rolleyes:

No I'm obviously far far too sensitive..... :rolleyes:

Really?

Poking holes in dubious arguments and pointing out the flaws in them is being nasty?

What do you call poking fun at me then when my goddaughter hanged herself because of brexit. That's just ******* hijinks and a bit of a laugh is it? Because that's the sort of crap I've had off the so civilised Brexiters!

---------- Post added 03-05-2017 at 13:16 ----------

No I'm obviously far far too sensitive..... :rolleyes:

Not being awful but if you are 'out of it' and the whole experience has been so traumatic, why are you drawing out the pain by continuing to argue?

Surely if you have left the country, the money spouted by UKIP to go to the NHS has no bearing on your life whatsoever, neither has Lloyds leaving or the fact Nige is still here.

Edited by monkey104

I think we're already starting to see some ugliness coming out of Brussels and it's only a matter of time until we start to see cracks appear between EU bureaucrats and the national countries they represent. The Brussels machine wants to give Britain a bloody nose as a deterrent to other EU countries but this will cause economic damage to other trading nations within the EU.

You have to remember the powerbase in Brussels see themselves as managers of single country, a super-state.

Greek's former finance minister was being interviewed on Sky News today. He said the biggest nightmare for the bureaucrats in Brussels is a mutually advantageous agreement with Britain.

Brussels don't want this because it would signal to the remaining EU countries that they can challenge the political machine and depart on good terms with advantages for both sides.

He said it wouldn't surprise him if the heads of government from the 'inner six' meet with Britain to sort something out without the involvement of Brussels.

I agree with all of this apart from the last bit. We are going to either:-

1. Give in to the EU's demands

2. Be punished for leaving or

3. Give in to the EU's demands AND be punished for leaving.

Juncker has already said that Brexit be cannot allowed to be a success. They are out to stick the boot into us and that is that.

There is this scenario being pushed that somehow we can choose what kind of EU exit we get, hard or soft, as though there is only one side in the negotiations!

The EU are going to play very hard with us, they have made it plain. OK, we are going to have to be as hard as we can in return.

Varoufakis's book had some excerpts published in the Telegraph and it does not paint the top EU people in a very nice light, to put it mildly.

If your child runs without looking where they were going, is it punishment that they fall over and smack their knees?

Saying "I told you so", just because you did might add insult to injury, but even so is not punishment.

We are not going to be punished, we are simply going to trip and fall on our face.