The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

“What is that about? These are hard jobs, potentially physically demanding. I’m not sure we prepare people very well. They are paid national living wage. We need to work on attitudes to work, that’s a challenge for employers,” said Green.

Of course it's not going to work if you try and shoehorn Brits into vacancies that were never designed with them in mind. Increasing the minimum wage only increases immigration 'pull' factors and results in further disparity.

This is why you can't leave the immigration question open to big business to decide. They'll come up with 101 creative responses for why open-ended immigration is vital to their existence.

Of course it's not going to work if you try and shoehorn Brits into vacancies that were never designed with them in mind. Increasing the minimum wage only increases immigration 'pull' factors and results in further disparity.

This is why you can't leave the immigration question open to big business to decide. They'll come up with 101 creative responses for why open-ended immigration is vital to their existence.

So British jobs are not designed for British workers?:hihi:

Increasing the minimum wage will only attract migrants?:hihi:

Should UK business ask all the UK workers what kind of job they would like designed for them?

There's no wonder with posts like this that UK business prefers migrant workers,and after Brexit,the government and big business will decide between them what immigration is needed.

So British jobs are not designed for British workers?:hihi:

Increasing the minimum wage will only attract migrants?:hihi:

Should UK business ask all the UK workers what kind of job they would like designed for them?

There's no wonder with posts like this that UK business prefers migrant workers,and after Brexit,the government and big business will decide between them what immigration is needed.

It's called the path of least resistance.

Are you on another galaxy as well?

I'll put the metaphor in context for you.

My main argument is that labor migration flows reach significant dimensions when the receiving country state does not have the ability to inhibit or constrain rent-seeking behaviour on the part of the private sector interests. There are alternative solutions for addressing perceived labor shortages, but those solutions require inducing employers to make choices that are often difficult and not necessarily the most profitable. Importing foreign workers is the path of least resistance, the cheap and easy solution from employers' point of view.

If you want to read Dr Bartram's research you can [here].

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

The example I gave was that UK workers in the factory in question had mostly gone after a short period of time.If migrant workers are more willing to do that job,then they get employed instead,they might have already been in the UK working on other jobs,it doesn't mean to say that they imported more to fill those positions,but if they are not available and UK workers are not willing,there is no business,so there's not even a path,let alone any resistance.

You're welcome.

I am intrigued by your spelling of labor - it is almost as though you plagiarised the content of post.

Where else have we seen that recently?

I am intrigued by your spelling of labor - it is almost as though you plagiarised the content of post.

Not my quote nor did I take ownership. I provided a link to the research at the bottom.