The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

We don't seem to hear very much about what's going on in Europe these days. Like what's happening in Greece? Are immigrants still pouring across the Med? How's Italy's economy doing? Still 50% unemployment in Spain? Still rioting all over the place?

Or have we all been played like Turkeys....?

Decommissioning is an industry in its own right. It provides jobs. Scotland would not solely have to meet the cost of decommissioning either.

Notwithstanding the fact there is still billions of barrels of extractable oil out there.

---------- Post added 07-05-2017 at 21:51 ----------

We don't seem to hear very much about what's going on in Europe these days. Like what's happening in Greece? Are immigrants still pouring across the Med? How's Italy's economy doing? Still 50% unemployment in Spain? Still rioting all over the place?

Im sure they'll be glad of all the UK-based jobs that move there.

We no longer have to care what's going on so much these days do we? and yeah, it's still all happening.

I knew that: the hominem you were adding was the Telegraph.

The Telegraph is not a person.

I'm perfectly entitled to express an opinion about the modus operandi of the paper. That is not an ad hominen attack.

The Telegraph is not a person.

I'm perfectly entitled to express an opinion about the modus operandi of the paper. That is not an ad hominen attack.

No, you dismissed it as irrelevant, which is.

Sorry my Latin is not good enough to suggest an "Ad newspaparian" fallacy, and in any case, I hold the term as valid to apply to any entity, whether a person or a corporation.

But we are arguing semantics: "ding ding" back to the argument proper.

Macron nailed it, a consequence of Brexit, it is now safe to say, is that the EU is galvanising under the pressure and will come out stronger from all this. It is the one thing I hoped for and it seems to be occurring.

This is also symbolised by pro-EU demonstrations all over the continent in recent months, completely unreported in British press, one wonders why?

may be good for EU not the Uk, can't unstand anyone in the UK hoping for it.

No, you dismissed it as irrelevant, which is.

Sorry my Latin is not good enough to suggest an "Ad newspaparian" fallacy, and in any case, I hold the term as valid to apply to any entity, whether a person or a corporation.

But we are arguing semantics: "ding ding" back to the argument proper.

If it was the Mail or the Sun I'd do exactly the same. Unfortunately the Telegraph is rapidly descending to that level.

The argument is lame anyway. After nearly 50 years of oil and gas production, the proceeds of which have gone to the UK government, it is ridiculous to suggest that Scotland alone would have to meet the entire cost of decommissioning.