The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Yes, it ultimately comes down to opinion. However, I think the evidence for my argument, particularly in relation to Scotland, is stronger. Only time will tell.

I'm inclined to agree. There's a lot of talk that many in Scotland are fed up with hearing about the referendum when there are other issues of importance.

Just watched ITV news about an asparagus farmer who employs 95% Eastern European seasonal workers to pick the crop and said "Without them I would go out of business, there isn't enough local labour", fair enough but I wonder what happened before the Berlin wall came down at the end of the 80's, did the asparagus pick itself and fly into the supermarkets or maybe the magic fairies at the bottom of the garden picked it? Most puzzling.

Maybe just another lie by the wicked Tory media, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

What happened before was that it didn't happen on this scale. To translate that - the economy was a lot smaller. Reducing migration is false economy, the 'less immigrants means more British jobs' equation doesn't work. British unemployment is already very low and friction unemployment makes up the majority of that number. That means that companies will start to struggle filling vacancies when there are fewer migrants.

This is really straight forward Economics, but it seems to be too big a concept for the Prime Minister unless she is indeed Strong and Stably lying about bringing migration down again.

I wouldn't expect anything less from The Guardian :hihi:

Hopefully we can stop this nonsense and one day people like you are going to thank us for it.

---------- Post added 08-05-2017 at 23:27 ----------

why degrade your own county I dont get it

Because a lot of us are embarrassed by what is happening.

I'd rather tell the truth. We're a joke.

Hopefully we can stop this nonsense and one day people like you are going to thank us for it.

---------- Post added 08-05-2017 at 23:27 ----------

Because a lot of us are embarrassed by what is happening.

I'd rather tell the truth. We're a joke.

so you really seek to demean peple the you, as you have said you are 60% in agreement with, i dont find people the follow their beliefs a joke, rather it the people that dont follow their inner feelings

so you really seek to demean peple the you, as you have said you are 60% in agreement with, i dont find people the follow their beliefs a joke, rather it the people that dont follow their inner feelings

I'm not demeaning anybody, except the people who are leading us off a cliff.