The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Croat slightly better odds on betfred and especially if you want a bet on the number of seats that labour/conservatives will get or even voter percentage. Worth a look just don,t waste your money on the Liberals who have crap odds.

Got 10 to 1 labour win and 6 to 1 Corbyn next PM, bookies still back tories but if labour win at least I will get £300 back to offset the tax rises that are not going to happen, lol.

I've got 38/1 on Tories 30.1-35.0% of vote, potential profit around £1100

14/1 on Tories 35.1-40% of vote, potential profit about £100

And a cover at 4/1 on Tories 40.1-45.0%, profit about 10p

These were placed when there was a 22% gap on some polls.

If I'm honest I'm expecting to make 10p profit. Can't see the Tories doing over 45%

Think you may be right following their manifesto. As I do not live in a conservative area it's difficult to gauge how those areas feel about it, but good luck and I hope you get the 1100.

I've got 38/1 on Tories 30.1-35.0% of vote, potential profit around £1100

14/1 on Tories 35.1-40% of vote, potential profit about £100

And a cover at 4/1 on Tories 40.1-45.0%, profit about 10p

These were placed when there was a 22% gap on some polls.

If I'm honest I'm expecting to make 10p profit. Can't see the Tories doing over 45%

I bet you saw £signs with the social care thing in the manifesto yesterday :hihi: This could mean your £1100 is on I think.

Saw Brexiteer Dominic Raab interviewed on live TV today saying exactly the opposite of what German Business is saying to the UK,according to him,the Germans would come around to the way the UK thought,instead of 'cutting off their nose to spite their face'

The problem is the brexiters are assuming we're the nose. The political will of the EU states, especially Germany is to preserve the EU. EU industries generally seem to support the single market and they will have to fall into line with their politicians anyway. So Raab and his chums assumption might be very wrong.

The problem is the brexiters are assuming we're the nose. The political will of the EU states, especially Germany is to preserve the EU. EU industries generally seem to support the single market and they will have to fall into line with their politicians anyway. So Raab and his chums assumption might be very wrong.

Yes,they might well be wrong,but when you see them interviewed,they are full of themselves.brimming over with cocksure confidence that this is the way things are going to go,and just deflecting any questions as to what happens if it doesn't with a hand wave,while dismissing any economic figures that contradict their view as a blip,or that nothing predicted by experts on Brexit ever happened.Watch the interview:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/other/dominic-raab-looks-for-%E2%80%98win-win%E2%80%99-in-the-brexit-process/vp-BBBiuGs

Edited by chalga

Ain't going to be no regulatory picnic.

Merkel says the EU needs to guard against the UK gaining an economic advantage post-Brexit by easing regulation [source]

As far as aviation is concerned the UK is held in high regard internationally when it comes to regulatory practices.

This is an area of economic life where we will be plugging our expertise and our heritage. We're in an enviable position where developing countries all over the world turn to us for help with developing their regulatory frameworks for aviation. The CAA delivers this through their commercial arm CAA International .

We definitely punch above our weight in this regard.

I found this to be an interesting article about shirebrook - but it skipped one key question. Why, in an area of persistent high unemployment, do sports direct bring in thousands of EU migrants.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39973990

They did quote this: "They needed cheap labour and they brought it in from Eastern Europe." Sports Direct employ over 3,000 people there and the warehouse was called a Gulag by many working there for its bad conditions, and it prompted Parliament to act. Most of these people come from agencies that have zero hour contracts, which I doubt many natives would put up with.

Then there is this about housing and tape on windows: "Where once the property would have been occupied by a single family, the tape was a boundary marker separating each room into two, or even three, spaces and the house might have as many as 10 or a dozen single men living in them."

So its also good business for the private landlords.

While in Poland itself, many of the villages and towns that have suffered from this migration to the UK are also now ghost towns and are suffering from the lack of younger people.