The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

See post #2982 where you asked: "Quote the EU laws that prevent the UK government changing UK laws on pay and conditions at UK companies."

Yes,the laws that results in the exploitation/not being able to change said exploitation, that we are talking about,and results in UK workers not taking the Sports Direct jobs,from post 2964.

Also,the other point you answered about UKIP is also missing the point.It's not about leaving the EU because of what UKIP said,it's about what UKIP said about Migrants from the EU being after your jobs,how can that be true ,if at places like Shirebrook,Fruit picking and Pret A Manger,they can't get UK nationals to do the jobs,so they are not taking UK peoples jobs,they are taking the ones UK companies cannot fill with UK people.

Edited by chalga

See post #2982 where you asked: "Quote the EU laws that prevent the UK government changing UK laws on pay and conditions at UK companies."

And you referenced the UK laws, nit the EU ones.

So how do we change them after they have been introduced?

Same as we change (or make) any law: put a bill through Parliament.

Also,the other point you answered about UKIP is also missing the point.

Its not missing the point but explaining that not everybody was taken in by UKIP as some make up their own minds and dont actually get influenced by what others say. What UKIP said is immaterial to me and counts for nothing so its not for me to comment on.

---------- Post added 20-05-2017 at 21:52 ----------

And you referenced the UK laws, nit the EU ones.

No, I referenced the EU laws that were incorporated into UK law.

Same as we change (or make) any law: put a bill through Parliament.

Now you are getting to the grist of it. :)

Its not missing the point but explaining that not everybody was taken in by UKIP as some make up their own minds and dont actually get influenced by what others say. What UKIP said is immaterial to me and counts for nothing so its not for me to comment on.

Now you are getting to the grist of it. :)

If what UKIP says counts for nothing for you,that's exactly why you missed the point,their propaganda poster obviously counted for something for those that voted for them,and for Brexit,so the poster has pulled the wool over a good many eyes of those who genuinely believe in what it was saying.

So how do we change them after they have been introduced?

Two ways:

1. If we have over-delivered then downgrade through an act of parliament

2. If the directives are too stringent seek directive review and amendments through the EU - note the recent allowance of wonky fruit and veg etc...

Directives, and the laws in response them, are not set in stone forever. These aren't the 10 commandments etched on tablets of stone by the Lord Almighty

To argue otherwise is utterly dumb, and betrays a lack of understanding of the fundamentals of legislation making, within and without an EU context

The conditions that you referenced in post 2960,the ones that Parliament were looking into,can all be changed by UK Government policies,they are not held back by the EU.

The conditions that you referenced in post 2960,the ones that Parliament were looking into,can all be changed by UK Government policies,they are not held back by the EU.

Other countries are not held back by them, they apply the directives with maximum flexibility.

The fact that Germany and France generally has more directives infringements says it all

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/infringements/infringement-cases-press-releases/infringement-cases-country_en

Ours were minor infringements on cider production and red diesel. Look at the German and French infringements

If anything we've shot ourselves in the foot by slavish adherence when we could have operated flexibly

Taking all this a step further, the French and Germans walk all over us in application of competition directives. That's not their fault. It's ours.

That sounds interesting (or made up). Please provide a link to these documents by the MoD so we can have a read.

It's interesting because it's not mainstream. Brexit is a dream come true for many strategists and visionaries within the echelons of power. Stepping out of the union provides an opportunity for Britain to re-align herself on the global stage and find new purpose.

I was referring to the MoD's [Global Strategic Trends out to 2045] document which was published in 2014. On page 119 they caution the rise of a European power. If you read between the lines you know they're referring to Germany.

There have been grumblings and unease for years about Germany's influence within the Eueorpean Union. It's not just Britain that is uncomfortable with the current hierarchy. Our friends across the pond are too. It surprised nobody when Edward Snowden released details of "five eyes" that showed the English speaking world were spying on Merkel.

It's interesting because it's not mainstream. Brexit is a dream come true for many strategists and visionaries within the echelons of power. Stepping out of the union provides an opportunity for Britain to re-align herself on the global stage and find new purpose.

I was referring to the MoD's [Global Strategic Trends out to 2045] document which was published in 2014. On page 119 they caution the rise of a European power. If you read between the lines you know they're referring to Germany.

There have been grumblings and unease for years about Germany's influence within the Eueorpean Union. It's not just Britain that is uncomfortable with the current hierarchy. Our friends across the pond are too. It surprised nobody when Edward Snowden released details of "five eyes" that showed the English speaking world were spying on Merkel.

This is sheer paranoia. You think Merkel is another Hitler?

FFS get a grip

This is sheer paranoia. You think Merkel is another Hitler?

FFS get a grip

It's called geopolitics. We all know there's an ongoing power struggle for dominance in Europe.