The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

It's been looking clearer by the day that it is, for a good while now.

They're either wanting it, or happy or apathetic enough that they're not opposing it. So it's happening, and that's that.

Let them go their own insular way already. Get you grieving done and move on.

No prisoners taken, no quarters granted, no f***s given. It's easier that way :)

My wife's English, she is more upset at what is happening than I am. It's all a pretty stupid situation for a country to manoeuvre itself into. Still hearing from people I know in academia that are leaving or preparing to leave, increasingly including Brits like Biotechpete above. The UK HE sector is one of the best in the world, but gems are getting knocked off the crown at an alarming pace.

Interesting read. One of more former colleagues and a professor of EU law writing today about what the "no deal" option actually means for UK pensioners in Spain

http://theconversation.com/what-a-no-deal-brexit-would-mean-for-healthcare-of-british-pensioners-in-spain-74327

Yup, 800,000, quite a large number living on the edge of their financial ability as it is. Asking them to pay around 100€ a month for health insurance might well be too much.

What was the offer, who made the offer and when was it made?

It was an offer to guarantee continuing residency rights to existing residents, it was made 4 months ago, and it was rejected by Tusk and Merkel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/29/donald-tusk-accuses-british-voters-backed-brexit-creating-anxiety/

I'm sure though that you will conjure up a way to make this the UK's fault though.

---------- Post added 20-03-2017 at 18:11 ----------

There are 17,410,742 dummies in this country. We don't need any more.

Yes, the dummies who said that the ERM was a good idea. Oh wait that was your guys. Perhaps the dummies who though we should join the EURO. Oh no your guys again.

You mean of course the dummies who thought that the time had come to leave the vast failing and dysfunctional political super-state experiment being conducted on the mainland before it crashes in a fiery heap of mayhem. Those dummies you mean?

My wife's English, she is more upset at what is happening than I am.
Same here...

...She ain't going to miss South Yorks much, put it that way :D

Work or starve, that's their future. They're welcome to it.

Edited by L00b

Same here...

...She ain't going to miss South Yorks much, put it that way :D

Work or starve, that's their future. They're welcome to it.

Thanks for that. I didn't vote to leave, I pinged my mp an email. My constituency voted in 63-37 to leave - what would you expect an MP to do with those sorts of numbers? Bugger all as it turns out. Your missus can, I assume disappear over to the eu with you with far less hassle than those with no ties to the eu or qualifications that are in demand.

What have I done to get such ire from you?

It was an offer to guarantee continuing residency rights to existing residents, it was made 4 months ago, and it was rejected by Tusk and Merkel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/29/donald-tusk-accuses-british-voters-backed-brexit-creating-anxiety/

I'm sure though that you will conjure up a way to make this the UK's fault though.

---------- Post added 20-03-2017 at 18:11 ----------

Yes, the dummies who said that the ERM was a good idea. Oh wait that was your guys. Perhaps the dummies who though we should join the EURO. Oh no your guys again.

You mean of course the dummies who thought that the time had come to leave the vast failing and dysfunctional political super-state experiment being conducted on the mainland before it crashes in a fiery heap of mayhem. Those dummies you mean?

You still cannot accept that you are wrong can you?

You will learn, in the fullness of time.