The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Would people like a second referendum on the EU but instead of party leaders giving their views what about an independent panel simply giving the pros and cons of membership only idea ?

No. I voted to Remain, but accept the result. The referendum result wasn't decided by the views of the party leaders. There was only one party leader who campaigned to leave the EU, which was UKIP. T'he Remain campaign had the advantage of having the majority of World leaders supporting the UK's Prime Minister's desire for the UK stay in the EU, but still lost, because it was not the wishes of the majority of the people who voted.

I do not think there should be another vote. If it was not for project fear then I think the majority to,leave would have been higher, if we had another vote when would it end, best of 3 best of 5. We would have to get a new name for our method of govt because this is not democracy.

We who voted to leave knew we would leave the single market etc, we are not thick.

Yes. If it were run like that and we still had a majority to leave (even a slim one) then I'd have to accept it.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 09:20 ----------

They quite clearly do. Millions of people vote tory because they think they'll personally benefit, the tories have managed to pull some sort of con on the middle class and even the working class into being "aspirational rich". They think that they might one day be rich, and so they vote for a party that only favours the rich. The reality is that these people won't ever be rich, they will one day need the NHS, state education, a care home, a state pension, the right to work in europe, or one of the many other things the tories are destroying.

But where would we be without our dreams and aspirations! If this is on offer I'll gleefully accept.

I do not think there should be another vote. If it was not for project fear then I think the majority to,leave would have been higher, if we had another vote when would it end, best of 3 best of 5. We would have to get a new name for our method of govt because this is not democracy.

We who voted to leave knew we would leave the single market etc, we are not thick.

But this is already the 2nd vote my parents wanted to be in and now their mandate is being ignored.

The government should have had the balls to say thanks for your opinion but we think we should stay in the EU. Other governments have and it has proven the right choice for them.

But this is already the 2nd vote my parents wanted to be in and now their mandate is being ignored.

The government should have had the balls to say thanks for your opinion but we think we should stay in the EU. Other governments have and it has proven the right choice for them.

The first vote was over 40 years ago. Your parents wishes and everyone's wishes who voted to remain in the EEC at the time, have been respected during those four decades. If you want a Government, that ignores the current wishes of the people from the 2016 referendum, then I suggest you vote Liberal Democrat next week. If there are enough of you, then the UK will stay in the EU.

Litotes my parents also voted to join the EU and last year both voted out. The trading block of a few nations was what they voted for with tariff free access for goods. That has now morphed to a political entity of 27 ( minus UK ) which in no way resembles the original COMMON MARKET, the clue was in the name.

They are now changing in to the Federal states of Europe and will soon have its own armed forces, they even have their own foreign embassies, why would a trading block have those only countries have those.

Despite the misleading claims made in the government referendum leaflet and the advice to stay in this government made it very plain what would happen after the count, and stated this:

"This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide."

Cant really make it any clearer.

They quite clearly do. Millions of people vote tory because they think they'll personally benefit, the tories have managed to pull some sort of con on the middle class and even the working class into being "aspirational rich". They think that they might one day be rich, and so they vote for a party that only favours the rich. The reality is that these people won't ever be rich, they will one day need the NHS, state education, a care home, a state pension, the right to work in europe, or one of the many other things the tories are destroying.

Indeed. The old Tory mantra of "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" is worthless to the vast majority of people nowadays.

Despite the misleading claims made in the government referendum leaflet and the advice to stay in this government made it very plain what would happen after the count, and stated this:

"This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide."

Cant really make it any clearer.

Except that they lie a lot.

We have been over this before: we have to accept the lies of the campaign because we know that politicians cannot be trusted, but we cannot reject the government propaganda because that might show we don't trust politicians.

These two facts cannot both be true, therefore this so called "democracy" is false.