The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

Point me to a valid source please?

A valid source that says all internet discussions end up at Hitler? That's Godwin's Law and as such is a theory.

You cant protect a scientific theory using IP law. Sure, you can patent a machine to capture quarks but you can't protect the theory of the quark.

So, Godwin couldn't earn royalties from people referring to his theory: that being the aforementioned Godwin's Law.

L00b will clue you in further I suspect...

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 21:28 ----------

Not heard of the Bacon number so I googled. You can imagine actors and actresses sitting down playing the game....brilliant, six degrees of Kevin Bacon, I'll remember that one.

The Edros-Bacon number will blow your mind ;)

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 21:29 ----------

That's not a discovery though, it's a social theory. Penicilin, antibiotics, electricity, gravity, Pi...they're discoveries (within the 'IP' meaning of the word) :) And you can't protect discoveries with IP, only their expression (with copyright), and their application(s) (typically with patents).

Very little IP earns any royalties in real life. Only that which is commercially desirable to someone (-other than the rights owner). And only if it's well protected/locked down and the rights owner(s) not afraid to throw some money at enforcing it with early-day chancers.

Godwin can't earn royalties from his theorem, no more than Einstein's estate can whenever someone writes or uses Einstein's famous equation :)

Isn't that basically what I said? :)

A valid source that says all internet discussions end up at Hitler? That's Godwin's Law and as such is a theory.

You cant protect a scientific theory using IP law. Sure, you can patent a machine to capture quarks but you can't protect the theory of the quark.

So, Godwin couldn't earn royalties from people referring to his theory: that being the aforementioned Godwin's Law.

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 21:28 ----------

The Edros-Bacon number will blow your mind ;)

---------- Post added 13-06-2017 at 21:29 ----------

Isn't that basically what I said? :)

Yeah, creasing my brow on that now :)

I like to think that it goes some way to explain the hows and whys of what you said. Pearls of wisdom are rarely wasted, surely?

Well L00b, I like to think I knew what I meant in my head and what you wrote was in agreement with my head.

I'm off now for a four fingered Norwegian chocolate bar.....before Nestle appeal and ruin it for us.

Have fun y'all.

:)

A discovery does not equal a theory, does not equal a law... unless there is some form of scientific validity (in itself a dubious concept).

A discovery does not equal a theory, does not equal a law... unless there is some form of scientific validity (in itself a dubious concept).

In hindsight I wish I hadn't initiated this parley.

Newton's Laws of Motion are scientific theories which Newton discovered (and Einstein eclipsed)...

So I think you are wrong. But can't explain why exactly.

Edited by Pinkman