The Consequences of Brexit (part 3)

I made this argument many many pages ago and got shot down.

There are disgruntled MoD strategists and senior politicians within the echelons of power that romanticize about Britain's past. Many will argue we swapped our dominance for a doormat. There is unspoken resentment that the country that lost the war (Germany) has now become our economic and political arch rival.

The thing is of course that they're not our arch rival, they are way ahead of us in terms of their economy and industrial base.

One of the basic problems is the delusional way that Britain views WW2.

We did not win the war, the Allies won the war, and whilst we played a valuable and honourable part it was not as crucial as we like to think.

Eight out of every ten German troops killed in battle was killed by the Russians.

Fourteen nations lost more people than Britain did in the war and six more nations lost more in military casualties.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=15&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjq2OaD_cXUAhUCUhQKHfvsC3AQFgh1MA4&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.secondworldwarhistory.com%2Fworld-war-2-statistics.asp&usg=AFQjCNGJ8BWybic6JunENWZ4miAP0ZeubA

Britain has no need to BS the facts, we played our part, and yet for some people that isn't enough, they have to overhype it.

An inbred longing for times past and the 'effortless superiority ' that that class thought they had still lingers on in the establishment and it is detrimental to our future well being and prosperity.

Brexit is playing into their delusions, and they are about to be exposed for the second and third rate charlatans they are, to our cost.

And doesn't represent the wishes of the UK..

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016/10/24/brexit-is-not-the-will-of-the-british-people-it-never-has-been/

---------- Post added 18-06-2017 at 00:18 ----------

Seems like you dont either and what keeps being pointed out to you is that only 34.7% of the electorate actually voted to remain, and that is the bit that counts.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016/10/24/brexit-is-not-the-will-of-the-british-people-it-never-has-been/

Maybe he remembered Britain's role in destroying Germany in the first place, and believes that it was Americas Marshal Plan that helped to rebuild it?

Incidentally, are you aware that Britain received more than a third more aid from Americas Marshall Aid Plan than Germany did?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwixjLT-4MXUAhWoJsAKHdB6C6cQFggwMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fhistory%2Fbritish%2Fmodern%2Fmarshall_01.shtml&usg=AFQjCNG_AQiaOnnWk6YMF-oTbFhc8zRZWg

Difference being that they used it to rebuild infrastructure and industry whilst we used it to try to remain a 'player' alongside the Big Boys of the USA and Russia.

That's one of the things that worries me about the whole Brexit 'Taking back control' thing.

The people who are part of the establishment in this country and will be exercising any control we have are delusional with regard to our importance in the present time.

They are descended from the people who ran the Empire and can't accept that it's over and they aren't in the same situation.

We have placed ourselves at the mercy of these people and they have no regard for anyone not of their class.

Perhaps like you he forgot the 1953 London Agreement.

Keep talking Britain down it suits you.

Perhaps like you he forgot the 1953 London Agreement.

Keep talking Britain down it suits you.

It's people such as you that are part of the problem, someone points out the truth and because it doesn't agree with your jingoistic John Bull delusions they are " Talking Britain Down ".

Europeans that are aware of their own history ( virtually all of them ) are laughing at us because of the overblown sense of self importance and the unmitigated arrogance of people like you.

I don't like my country being a laughing stock but you carry on believing your myths if it comforts you.

Before replying to this read the sentence below the link in my post 3267.

It's people such as you that are part of the problem, someone points out the truth and because it doesn't agree with your jingoistic John Bull delusions they are " Talking Britain Down ".

Europeans that are aware of their own history ( virtually all of them ) are laughing at us because of the overblown sense of self importance and the unmitigated arrogance of people like you.

I don't like my country being a laughing stock but you carry on believing your myths if it comforts you.

Before replying to this read the sentence below the link in my post 3267.

So people who don't agree with you are inbreds,

did you marry your sister are you feelling guilty about it?

So people who don't agree with you are inbreds,

did you marry your sister are you feelling guilty about it?

Point out where I said anything like that.

However, your reference to marrying my sister proves beyond any reasonable doubt that you are an unintelligent lowlife no mark with no class whatsoever.

Tell me, were you one of those drunken yobs in Marseille hanging off street lights and chanting xenophobic obscenities at the locals before the Russians turned up and spanked you?

Really did the country proud those lads.

Point out where I said anything like that.

However, your reference to marrying my sister proves beyond any reasonable doubt that you are an unintelligent lowlife no mark with no class whatsoever.

Tell me, were you one of those drunken yobs in Marseille hanging off street lights and chanting xenophobic obscenities at the locals before the Russians turned up and spanked you?

Really did the country proud those lads.

Mates of yours were they? you seem to know more of it than I do.

Mates of yours were they? you seem to know more of it than I do.

No, but I've got a TV and watch the news just like everybody else these days.

I have this mental picture of you, scuffed trainers, grey baggy tracksuit bottoms, sideways baseball cap and a Wednesday shirt.

It fits in with your level of discourse thus far.

How am I doing with that assessment?

No, but I've got a TV and watch the news just like everybody else these days.

I have this mental picture of you, scuffed trainers, grey baggy tracksuit bottoms, sideways baseball cap and a Wednesday shirt.

It fits in with your level of discourse thus far.

How am I doing with that assessment?

At my age I think you may be a tad out, and I don't like football, not very good at this are you.