Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday 01/04/17

top4718

Same here, was looking more to next season with him but if we dont make some serious signings in midfield( wingers particularly) then it will be the same next season unfortunately

To be honest nervy of we don't make the play offs as much I like CC I don't think he'll be at S6 next season.

To be honest nervy of we don't make the play offs as much I like CC I don't think he'll be at S6 next season.

I'd go 1 better top and say if he doesn't win the play-offs, he'll be gone. We haven't seen the ruthless side of Chansiri yet but he's a business man and he wont put up with something for too long that's going to jeopardise his investment!

I'd go 1 better top and say if he doesn't win the play-offs, he'll be gone. We haven't seen the ruthless side of Chansiri yet but he's a business man and he wont put up with something for too long that's going to jeopardise his investment!

I do think top 6 was realistic and the chairman would accept that, the way some of the games have gone he may not accept.

I do think top 6 was realistic and the chairman would accept that, the way some of the games have gone he may not accept.

I think we have fell foul to the old adage 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' we had a tried and tested attacking game last year only let down by a below par performance in the play-off final.

For me, a few tweaks and a couple of new players would have sufficed, instead he changed the style of play, made us more defensive and stifled our more attacking players creativity.

I think we have fell foul to the old adage 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' we had a tried and tested attacking game last year only let down by a below par performance in the play-off final.

For me, a few tweaks and a couple of new players would have sufficed, instead he changed the style of play, made us more defensive and stifled our more attacking players creativity.

I think many of us left Wembley last season knowing we needed strength at the back and a midfield general, neither happened and we are paying for it.

Edited by top4718

The players CC tried to sign during the summer included midfield generals & centre halves but when you're up against sides with bigger budgets offering big money as wages it puts them out of our reach...& they end up at Villa & Newcastle...

Still 7 games left and Fulham at home on the last day ... as disappointing as today's result has been I still fancy us to take 6th spot ...

The players CC tried to sign during the summer included midfield generals & centre halves but when you're up against sides with bigger budgets offering big money as wages it puts them out of our reach...& they end up at Villa & Newcastle...

Still 7 games left and Fulham at home on the last day ... as disappointing as today's result has been I still fancy us to take 6th spot ...

Yes a lot to play for yet mate could all change again midweek

Edited by top4718

Sometime toward the beginning of the season I asked the question 'did SWFC have the mental strength to overcome the play off defeat?'

There were so many Wednesday fans who thought it would be straightforward to just carry on from last season.

In 2003 when Forest lost the play off semi final to the Blades they disappeared totally afterwards. Never really saw Paul Hart as a manager since.

Similarly, same season it took the Blades another three seasons to get promoted after losing the final against Wolves. Arguably that Blades side of 2003 was the best side in the division and we all felt it was nailed on for us to go up the next year.

Full marks to Brighton. They've shown the mental capacity to overcome their disappointment of last seasons play off.

Wednesday IMO have not.