Martin McGuinness dies aged 66

It's things like this that make me wish i believed in Hell.

The man was a cold blooded killer, a terrorist in his younger days, who later showed no genuine remorse for his actions. That is what makes him unforgivable.

It is depressing, but not surprising to find that SF has contributors who are more bigoted and sectarian than the Rev Ian Paisley.

Paisley recognised that McGuinness had become a force for good in Northern Irelabd. The peace in Northern Ireland is a remarkable achievement and we should be grateful to all of the architects of that peace.

McGuinness was a crucial part of that process.

Changing ones colours does not wash the blood off your hands and people have every right to judge the man by his actions be they the murder of innocent people or his later push for peace. However do not ignore his goal was always the same, for the reunification of Ireland against the wishes of the majority of people in Northern Ireland and he pushed for this by by both political and violent means.

This vitriol and venom against a dead man is unbecoming to decent people.

I have to ask the question. If you had a family member or indeed members beaten to death, shot to death or blown into pieces, would you have a different prospective on Saint McGuinness's demise.

The world would have been a better place if this thing had never been born into it.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

You forgot his speciality knee capping.

Aye, missed that one out. Thanks for the heads up.

At least the fires of hell have a little more fuel this morning. (If you believe in such).

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

the hypocrisy is blinding, dont tell me if somebody tried taking over your own country you wouldnt fight back

---------- Post added 21-03-2017 at 13:01 ----------

I have to ask the question. If you had a family member or indeed members beaten to death, shot to death or blown into pieces, would you have a different prospective on Saint McGuinness's demise.

like why he became radicalised in the first place?

Martin McGuinness grew up in Derry's Bogside, radicalised, he said, by discrimination and murder on the streets of his city.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39185899

the point is he left all the killing and bloodshed and made what Northern Ireland is today, "mostly" peaceful

also it was THIS government that brought him in to the political side of it

But his leadership potential was spotted early and he was just 22 when he and Gerry Adams were flown to London for secret talks with the British government: MI5 considered him serious officer material with strategic vision
Edited by melthebell

The world would have been a better place if this thing had never been born into it.

Angel1.

Where do you get the impression I have any love for the IRA, and Martin McGuiness in particular?

I am no respecter or apologist for criminal gangs that murder working class youth.

I was merely saying it is unbecoming to revel gleefully in another humans death.