Martin McGuinness dies aged 66

I won't be shedding any tears. My thoughts will be with the families of the innocent civillians in Birmingham, Warrington, etc who McGuinness ordered to be blown up. He knew he couldn't win the battle against the army so he took the battle onto the streets of England. I've been to Northern Ireland a few times and it's a lovely country with the friendliest of people. Wish the BBC wasn't treating it like a member of the royal family had died.

Err, the vast majority were in Northern Ireland........

If a minority is suppressed there will inevitably be a reaction.The troubles in Ireland were precipitated in the 1960s by the actions of the B specials and the UVF,and the reaction by Irish Catholic militant groups.

It was a war and horrible things happened in this war on both sides.They will continue to happen around the world because one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.Was Nelson Mandela a saint or a terrorist.It depends on your point of view.

At least both McGuiness and Paisley managed to find some means of ending the conflict,and hopefully an enduring peace.

BBC are pulling out all the stops this morning, I never knew he was so important, I thought Gerry Adams was the key player.

Remember when he used to have his voice dubbed on TV, what was that all about?

Youd think he was some sort of Royalty from the way they are going on from what I've seen.

Hes a dead terrorist. Why not mention that, and a bit about the peace process then forget about him. Hes not worth more.