Police officer Stabbed outside Houses Of Parliament

I know it shouldn't annoy me, but the candle lit vigils, hashtags and churchmen and politicians trotting out the cliches really does.

It doesn't solve anything and it doesn't prevent anything; give it a rest.

I agree that we should stop invading and bombing other people's countries, especially countries that have never done us any harm. There has been something nasty going on in the middle east and I reckon we haven't been told the reasons why we went to war there.

I honestly believe all this ISIS stuff is just a smokescreen, a good excuse to get involved in other people affairs

They seem to be saying Khalid Masood was a violent thug, rather than a religious fanatic.

I hardly thing his actions were those of a violent thug.

A violent thug would beat someone up in a pub for looking at him funny.

Not murder people indiscriminately, break into parliament and murder a policeman.

Not usually anyway.

I hardly thing his actions were those of a violent thug.

A violent thug would beat someone up in a pub for looking at him funny.

Not murder people indiscriminately, break into parliament and murder a policeman.

Not usually anyway.

hes done the thug bit before, the point is hes a petty criminal and has a penchent for violence, just like most of the lone wolves, they latch on to things to vebt their violent streaks and the extremist leaders lap it up

I know it shouldn't annoy me, but the candle lit vigils, hashtags and churchmen and politicians trotting out the cliches really does.

I agree that we should stop invading and bombing other people's countries, especially countries that have never done us any harm. There has been something nasty going on in the middle east and I reckon we haven't been told the reasons why we went to war there.

I feel exactly the same,i thought it was just me,nothing shocks me anymore and i have lost my faith in humanity.As you say ,it solves nothing.Perhaps the mayor of london is right and it is going to now be part and parcel of living in a city.I remember the 9/11 attacks which disturbed me and upset me for weeks but there is so much horror in the world today that i have become used to it.I opened the newspapers today and saw the graphic photos of the bodies of the victims and i felt nothing,it did not affect me one bit.I feel like it should but it doesnt anymore.Is it just me or are a lot more people beginning to accept it all as normal.

I'm of the same mind. Fair enough with the vigils and stuff; not my cup of tea but I guess it works for some people. But the press and the politicians going through exactly the same well-rehearsed memes everytime, it risks becoming a pageant