People who shout on their mobile phones.

Couldn't believe it this week when a man standing outside a well known bank in Hillsborough shouted at the top of his voice on his mobile phone : " What is my PIN number ? ". The person at the other end tells him. Then he replies even louder ". Did you say 4521 ? "

I don't understand why people are holding their phones away from their face now? I see it all the time - folk holding the bottom part of the phone to their mouths, but the actual phone at 90 degrees to their face, so they have to have it on speaker phone.

What's that about?!

I don't understand why people are holding their phones away from their face now? I see it all the time - folk holding the bottom part of the phone to their mouths, but the actual phone at 90 degrees to their face, so they have to have it on speaker phone.

What's that about?!

Because their imaginary friends would feel left out if it wasn't on group speak :suspect::hihi:

What's that about?!

It's because it's an easier angle to hold the phone than flat towards you and the speaker and microphone is pointing towards you rather than the ground. I hate holding a phone to my ear. Find it tiring to hold and my case often grabs a hair on my beard and rips it out which makes me scream and shout.

Speaker all the way. Shouting not required though as they are very sensitive mircophones. That's just numpties not understanding how they work. It is hillsborough though.

It's because it's an easier angle to hold the phone than flat towards you and the speaker and microphone is pointing towards you rather than the ground. I hate holding a phone to my ear. Find it tiring to hold and my case often grabs a hair on my beard and rips it out which makes me scream and shout.

Speaker all the way. Shouting not required though as they are very sensitive mircophones. That's just numpties not understanding how they work. It is hillsborough though.

Seriously!? :suspect: It's surely irrelevant which way you hold it?

What's that about?!

They usually have headphones when they hold the phone away from the ear area, but they still have to use the speak part to answer the caller.

They usually have headphones when they hold the phone away from the ear area, but they still have to use the speak part to answer the caller.

Interesting! Hadn't thought of that. My headphones have a microphone thing in though? Perhaps they're not the original phone type ones. Good possible explanation though! :thumbsup: