Flight Radar help?

Hello I was wondering if anyone on here used flightradar and understood to help explain why sometimes helicopters especially sometimes show no info and it doesn't register it as a helicopter flying over?

I sometimes use it when I see a loud plane or helicopter flying over just out of interest to see what it is etc but soetimes it doesn't display the helicopter it shows a plane flying over when it was a helicopter?

at about 2:55 a helicopter flew over Sheffield from High Wycombe but it didn't display it as one and when I hovered over the plane it said GROON and no detail about it just N/A why does it sometimes not display anything ?

Not all aircraft have the ADS-B transponder fitted>

Common aircraft models that usually do not have an ADS-B transponder and are not visible on Flightradar24 (within ADS-B coverage):

•Antonov An-124 and An-225

•ATR 42, 72 (except most new deliveries of ATR 72-600)

•Boeing 707, 717, 727, 737-200, 747-100, 747-200, 747SP

•BAe Jetstream 31 and 32

•All Bombardier CRJ models (except most new deliveries of CRJ-900)

•All Bombardier Dash models

•All CASA models

•All Dornier models

•All Embraer models (except most new deliveries of Embraer E190)

•De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter

•Fokker 50

•McDonnell Douglas DC-9, MD-8x, MD-90

•Saab 340 and 2000

•Most helicopters

•Most older aircraft

•Most business jets

•Most military aircraft

•Most propeller aircraft

The flightradar24.com website gives information on "How it works" if you first click on "About" at the top of the screen, then 'how it works' in the drop down menu.

You will occasionally see 'Blocked' with no information available. Security is the main reason for n/a.

Edited by Voldy
Added sentence.

The Alcocopter® is fully stealthed up to avoid air to air conflict with Russians or whatever, so if it does show up at all on radar (unlikely), it'll most probably be as either a pigeon, or Hillsborough Tree Penguin fooling about with a jet pack. :cool:

Edited by Alcoblog
none

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen Tree Pengiun these days?

As Hillsborough Tree Penguins can't actually fly, they rely mainly on strap on jet packs for day to day flight. Obviously, they can only reach air speeds of around 650mph using these, but rumour has it that they have now retro - engineered warp drive from an alien sandwich box found near Rendlesham forest in 1980. As such, I'm guessing hyper-light speeds and of course space time travel which becomes possible with said technology. This is probably why you don't see Hillsborough Tree Penguins very often ... too fast!