UK neoliberals score a hat-trick

Yawn.

When have they not been "in crisis" or "on the brink of collapse" or "massively underfunded" or "totally neglected" or "destined to fail" or "facing closure"

Been that way since gods dog was a puppy thanks to an obsessive an sensationalist Media agenda doing it because they know it makes headlines and sells their product.

It must be a miracle that despite all the multiple whines of being in crisis over the decades they are all still functioning.

Things are tough but have been for ages; it just seems that only when a party that they don't like is in power they find their voice and protest.

Yawn.

When have they not been "in crisis" or "on the brink of collapse" or "massively underfunded" or "totally neglected" or "destined to fail" or "facing closure"

Been that way since gods dog was a puppy thanks to an obsessive an sensationalist Media agenda doing it because they know it makes headlines and sells their product.

It must be a miracle that despite all the multiple whines of being in crisis over the decades they are all still functioning.

Have you spoken to anyone that works in the NHS, teaching profession or in social care recently?

Have you spoken to anyone that works in the NHS, teaching profession or in social care recently?

No.

Why? Are they going to tell me anything different to the same complaints they have been coming out with 5, 10, 20 years ago?

When I worked in legal aid in the 90s I heard plenty of conversations from support workers going on about the crisis with funding and not enough staff and how there was never enough money to fund all the projects they needed to do. When I talk to my relative's support workers now they complain that there's not enough money and our contributions have got to be increased and they have to cut certain project because there's no staff.

I've also seen plenty of repeated and almost cut and paste protest from unions and leaders in the industry complaining about the same issues right back to the late 70s through to present day.

Like I said earlier there is nothing new here. Its always allegedly been in Crisis. Their staff when you ask them will never say anything other than they are not paid enough they are not funded enough and they are not staffed enough.

The more you become like a broken record the less people listen. The more you treat an organisation like a bottomless Money Pit the less people feel inclined to contribute.

Getting the balance right is a very difficult position for lots of government organisations. They might very well think that they are have priority over each other but in reality something has to give. Despite the fantasy the so called leader of the opposition wants to portray you cannot fund everything unlimited forever. There is no money tree.

Edited by ECCOnoob

No.

Why? Are they going to tell me anything different to the same complaints they have been coming out with 5, 10, 20 years ago?

When I worked in legal aid in the 90s I heard plenty of conversations from support workers going on about the crisis with funding and not enough staff and how there was never enough money to fund all the projects they needed to do. When I talk to my relative's support workers now they complain that there's not enough money and our contributions have got to be increased and they have to cut certain project because there's no staff.

I've also seen plenty of repeated and almost cut and paste protest from unions and leaders in the industry complaining about the same issues right back to the late 70s through to present day.

Like I said earlier there is nothing new here. Its always allegedly been in Crisis. Their staff when you ask them will never say anything other than they are not paid enough they are not funded enough and they are not staffed enough.

The more you become like a broken record the less people listen. The more you treat an organisation like a bottomless Money Pit the less people feel inclined to contribute.

Getting the balance right is a very difficult position for lots of government organisations. They might very well think that they are have priority over each other but in reality something has to give. Despite the fantasy the so called leader of the opposition wants to portray you cannot fund everything unlimited forever. There is no money tree.

Well that didn't come as a surprise, neither did the rant that followed.

Edited by JNewton69

No.

Yes most of them probably would. I can speak for my wife who has 30 years experience in the NHS. Things are the worst she has ever known.

As for social care I've seen the chaos that is in too, in certain parts of the country. An elderly relative of mine went through a terrible time as he was dying. The staff that were caring for him were on their knees.

Sometimes I wish I could swear on this forum. Your post with it's flippant disregard of reality makes me want to call you all the names under the sun. Seriously you have no clue. You have no idea what year after year of cuts is doing to these services.

Yes most of them probably would. I can speak for my wife who has 30 years experience in the NHS. Things are the worst she has ever known.

As for social care I've seen the chaos that is in too, in certain parts of the country. An elderly relative of mine went through a terrible time as he was dying. The staff that were caring for him were on their knees.

Sometimes I wish I could swear on this forum. Your post with it's flippant disregard of reality makes me want to call you all the names under the sun. Seriously you have no clue. You have no idea what year after year of cuts is doing to these services.

Don't you dare tell me what I know and don't know about social services. I have two relatives who are both service users, one of whom I am legal guardian for and has been a protected party all of his life.

I speak to people in social services on a weekly basis, I attend carer forums, I know several people who work for learning disability services and before I completed my studies and started working full time I used to assist running summer play schemes and worked with Mencap.

My opinion is just valid as much as anyone else.

Don't start arrogantly pretending you know all about me just because I have a different stance to others. This is a discussion forum and this is a debate. It might shock you to realise that just because some people are users or even workers of a service that doesn't mean that they think it's beyond criticism nor think that the entire failure sits with the current government - a position which unfortunately is played by far too many people on this forum

What gives you the right to even think about calling me every name under the sun?

I'm never going to deny that there are problems but I ask again when hasn't there been. Horror stories of people being neglected in care come along all the time. There is a history of it. There has been care home scandals before and there is very likely to be more in the future.

NHS scandals have happened before and though I hate to say it there will be some more in the future.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Don't you dare tell me what I know and don't know about social services. I have two relatives who are both service users, one of whom I am legal guardian for and has been a protected party all of his life.

I speak to people in social services on a weekly basis, I attend carer forums, I know several people who work for learning disability services and before I completed my studies and started working full time I used to assist running summer play schemes and worked with Mencap.

My opinion is just valid as much as anyone else.

Don't start arrogantly pretending you know all about me just because I have a different stance to others. This is a discussion forum and this is a debate. It might shock you to realise that just because some people are users or even workers of a service that doesn't mean that they think it's beyond criticism nor think that the entire failure sits with the current government - a position which unfortunately is played by far too many people on this forum

What gives you the right to even think about calling me every name under the sun?

I'm never going to deny that there are problems but I ask again when hasn't there been. Horror stories of people being neglected in care come along all the time. There is a history of it. There has been care home scandals before and there is very likely to be more in the future.

NHS scandals have happened before and though I hate to say it there will be some more in the future.

You just told me you'd not spoken to anybody who works in social care recently.