Climax Vs Fuel - Which do you prefer?

Which clubbing experience do you prefer?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which clubbing experience do you prefer?

• Climax
    • Fuel
    • Haven't been to either but would like to try them both in the future
    • Just show me the results

Climax VS Fuel

For me Climax wins without a doubt.

Fuel just doesn’t do it for me whether it’s Climax night or not. I think the scars of Berlins are deeper than first anticipated.

What do you think? Is Fuel your survival to get you through the month until the next Climax? Or is Fuel your weekly hot spot and wins you over when you’ve the choice of both Climax and Fuel?

ClimaxChick

Once a month?

Plastic glasses?

Students Union?

I used to think Climax was great five or six years ago, now it just seems like any other student night - just a bit more mincing.

Without wanting to jump on the fuEL bandwagon there isn't really much contest, especially now they are 'refurbishing' (although the results of this are yet to be seen).

Oh dear I was wondering when this would come along, Climax vs Fuel, we are never satisfied are we. This will be a long post by me, as I have strong views on this one. So go get a cup of coffee and sit down.

Of couse the Climax people (climaxchick, djscott, damo and cannot think of his name but will go hunt for it - its Kaos) will all say Climax.

I would be amazed if they didn`t.

My first question : Why is it Fuel vs Climax ?

Why is it not : Fuel vs Climax vs Dempseys vs Xes, cause we have 4, yes 4 gay nights.......

Each one, offers something different,

Climax for your young student type, and hippy trendy lads,

Fuel who seem to attract allsorts,

Xes who seem to attract the hardcore loyal people, I go down there on Fridays/Saturdays and see the regulars who used to go down when Gary and Simon owned The Albert, I know what you are saying "same old faces" but you get the same faces in Climax and Fuel and Dempseys.

Dempseys cannot say much about them as I don`t go down anymore.

I don`t understand this "us vs them" which it is turning out to be, and "they do this" and "they do that" and "Fuel do this on a Climax night" and "Climax do this on a Fuel night" and ............ well you get the picture don`t you.

Nick2 - how you can say you don`t like Fuel after 1 visit is beyond me.

Also Climax is once a month, so really you cannot compare it to Fuel, (which is a full time club) unless you just want to voice your opinions that you don`t like Fuel, and you are all for Climax which some of you are. Maybe Fuel is a challenge to Climax.

A better poll and discussion would be : Which do you prefer : Fuel vs Xes vs Dempseys which are 3 full-time clubs......

anyway my personal choice isn`t there and thats Xes

I am not having a go at anyone, its just no one seems happy with Sheffield scene, we could all go back 10 years when you had bugger all........... and don`t start comparing Sheffield to Manchester/Newcastle/London as nothing in the UK matches them, just thank ya lucky stars we don`t live in Cornwall or far reaches of Scotland who prolly have bugger all.

From what I have been reading on the Fuel thread of late, the bitching has started but for a good reason, the toilet issue is a bad choice by them, and I am sure by the 26th when the place is done out, there will be more complaints from you all ...... after all ya never satifsied are you we never hear the good things about the scene do we ? why not ?.........

Rant over ......... (for the moment) :thumbsup::)

I don't like to see the 2 compete with each other.

When Climax is on I always go there - the drinks are cheaper, the boys are younger and cuter, and thats where my friends are. Also, I prefer the music. The downsides are that the venue is getting a bit old and it is only on once a month.

The rest of the month if I fancy a night out I go to Fuel. I like the atmosphere and generally have a good night. I do feel that it is overpriced though (both entrance fee and drinks), and hate the housey stuff they play at the end.

As for the other clubs, I'm beginning to go to Dempseys again on a Tuesday whilst Fuel is closed and feel that it has improved. When you are with friends you can have a great time there, and its quite cheap too! I only go to Xes when I'm drunk and/or still in a partying mood after the other places close. I think its quite sleazy and hate having to get a taxi there and back.

Oh dear I was wondering when this would come along, Climax vs Fuel, we are never satisfied are we. This will be a long post by me, as I have strong views on this one. So go get a cup of coffee and sit down.

Of couse the Climax people (climaxchick, djscott, damo and cannot think of his name but will go hunt for it) will all say Climax.

I would be amazed if they didn`t.

My first question : Why is it Fuel vs Climax ?

Why is it not : Fuel vs Climax vs Dempseys vs Xes, cause we have 4, yes 4 gay nights.......

Each one, offers something different,

Climax for your young student type, and hippy trendy lads,

Fuel who seem to attract allsorts,

Xes who seem to attract the hardcore loyal people, I go down there on Fridays/Saturdays and see the regulars who used to go down when Gary and Simon owned The Albert, I know what you are saying "same old faces" but you get the same faces in Climax and Fuel and Dempseys.

Dempseys cannot say much about them as I don`t go down anymore.

I don`t understand this "us vs them" which it is turning out to be, and "they do this" and "they do that" and "Fuel do this on a Climax night" and "Climax do this on a Fuel night" and ............ well you get the picture don`t you.

Nick2 - how you can say you don`t like Fuel after 1 visit is beyond me.

Also Climax is once a month, so really you cannot compare it to Fuel, (which is a full time club) unless you just want to voice your opinions that you don`t like Fuel, and you are all for Climax which some of you are. Maybe Fuel is a challenge to Climax.

A better poll and discussion would be : Which do you prefer : Fuel vs Xes vs Dempseys which are 3 full-time clubs......

anyway my personal choice isn`t there and thats Xes

I am not having a go at anyone, its just no one seems happy with Sheffield scene, we could all go back 10 years when you had bugger all........... and don`t start comparing Sheffield to Manchester/Newcastle/London as nothing in the UK matches them, just thank ya lucky stars we don`t live in Cornwall or far reaches of Scotland who prolly have bugger all.

From what I have been reading on the Fuel thread of late, the bitching has started but for a good reason, the toilet issue is a bad choice by them, and I am sure by the 26th when the place is done out, there will be more complaints from you all ...... after all ya never satifsied are you we never hear the good things about the scene do we ? why not ?.........

Rant over ......... (for the moment) :thumbsup::)

hmmm.

is it still the case u haven't ever been to a Climax night Peter?:D

climax is bringing you a 'Eurovision Extravaganza' this Fri the 19th...

hope to see you all then!

hmmm.

is it still the case u haven't ever been to a Climax night Peter?:D

climax is bringing you a 'Eurovision Extravaganza' this Fri the 19th...

hope to see you all then!

I have been to Climax dear, I went to the last Viva Climax (I think thats what it is called), the all dayer thing, I shall never forget that day, as that is when I first met Kristian, Meaks and Boroughgal, (those were the days), I have also been a couple of times with my brother....

It just isn`t my cup of tea, as you know I am partial to more of a man, than young guys ......... :thumbsup:

I have been to Climax dear, I went to the last Viva Climax (I think thats what it is called), the all dayer thing, I shall never forget that day, as that is when I first met Kristian, Meaks and Boroughgal, (those were the days),

Aw, bless. yep, those were the days - shall we try and make it again this year? What date is it on?

Aw, bless. yep, those were the days - shall we try and make it again this year? What date is it on?

Yes we should have a reunion again, I heard its sometime in July, but not 100% sure, I am sure djscotty will let us all know. :thumbsup:

OMG - Rich is voting on a gay thread............. woteva next :o:P

Archived