Climax Vs Fuel - Which do you prefer?

Which clubbing experience do you prefer?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which clubbing experience do you prefer?

• Climax
    • Fuel
    • Haven't been to either but would like to try them both in the future
    • Just show me the results

Definitely Climax, because it is an institution, and only once a month. You can go to Fuel nearly any night of the week, but having said that, it's great fun on the busy nights.

Re. Dempseys, they've vastly improved the upstairs, but the downstairs and the dingy staircase definitely needs an update. Perhaps my favourite thing about the place is that they do such a vast range of food.

Fuel is defo the best, i just can't stand the same cheesy music that Climax play, maybe it's time for a mix up djscottk?? I mean there's only so much S Club 7 one can take.

Infact i'll predict the tunes that will be played on Friday cos it hardly changes.

Sweet LAX - Rachel Stevens

Don't stop - S Club 7

Reach for the stars - S Club 7

Like a prayer - Madhouse

Toxic - Britney

Everybody get up - Five

Some song by Bewitched

Chico Time - Chico wtf???

cant get u out of my head - Kylie

Hole in the head - Sugarbabes

Push the botton - Sugarbabes

YMCA!!!??

That's just a few that i can remember from the top of my head, i'll edit more as i think of them.

Yeh I only go cos it's a change from the same croud at Fuel and yeah the music there is also sometimes a bit predictable but at least it's mostly from this year. I mean it's another stereotypical view that because i am gay i like to mince around to S club 7!! Prrfffff!

Maybe it's different tastes but generally i go out for the music that i love and that happens to be played in Fuel that's why i prefer it.

Nick2 - how you can say you don`t like Fuel after 1 visit is beyond me.

It's just too gay for me, I've moved on from a night out mainly involving screaming and mincing, I want somewhere a bit more "normal".

It's just too gay for me, I've moved on from a night out mainly involving screaming and mincing, I want somewhere a bit more "normal".

Climax, normal? Ha Ha! Fuel too Gay? Ha Ha! Hello it's a gay club? Any Gay bar you go to whether it's London or Manchester there is always the demographic of mincers and screamers. Thankfully there are us normal ones in the mix of them too. I dont think you can even compare the two, Climax is an institution in itself and only once a month. Fuel is relativley new and finding it's feet. I think it's great we now have a choice. I think Fuel has done an excellent job being open 7 days a week (post refurb) and slap bang in the middle of the city centre. At least we dont have to sleaze off to attercliffe anymore. I like them both, I think it's unfair to compare them because Climax is an event/one night and Fuel is a club.

I would suggest you stick with the str8 pubs then, cause this is never gonna happen with a gay pub ........... but it gives you something to moan about :)

Archived