Climax Vs Fuel - Which do you prefer?

Which clubbing experience do you prefer?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which clubbing experience do you prefer?

• Climax
    • Fuel
    • Haven't been to either but would like to try them both in the future
    • Just show me the results

It is interesting how new members have suddenly started to post here and top up the votes for Fuel :rolleyes:

It isn`t a competition ........... who cares who wins, both venues will still be in Sheffield in a years time anyway, plus its nice to get the new gay members on the Forum, and voice their opinion....... maybe we may get a influx of Climax people soon :thumbsup:

oh the dj /sound equipment at climax is much much better than fuel's though :hihi: and im sure uve seen our recent promo's with our LIVE PA/ SPECIAL EVENTS info as well!!:hihi:

id just like to say though, fuel is in sheffield. so why are u using pretentious-leeds and straight-infested manchester's scene as your benchmarks?

surely sheffield deservesa chance to remain individual?

point 1 . the sound system is being updated

point 2 . the scene's in manchester and leeds are the best in the north of england ,everyone knows about them dont they ? (im just using those as an example) Fuel mearly want to incorporate whats the best about those scenes in terms of entertainment,decor ,music ,to make a wicked club HERE IN sheffield ,WITHOUT it being pretentious , a place were people can go and have a good time and be themselves , in a club to rival those of manchester and leeds .Its time to put sheffield firmly on the map so we should be supporting all the venues we have in sheffield because only by doing this will we have a fantastic scene in the end !

Climax has only started to improve cos its had competition since fuel opened other wise it would be same thing every month.

+ how can climax claim to be yorkshire #1 LGB Eperience? What about Federation in Leeds.

I wonder how Manchester started way back in the nineties then? Probably the same way as here, a bunch of pessimistic old queens sat behind their PC's bitching at each other.

manchester had a gay 'scene' far before the nineties sweetie :love:

In the last 20 years there has never been more than one big (the size of Fuel or Planet) permanent gay club in Sheffield.

If it's not lack of customers then what is the reason ?

greed in the planet's case.. also, lol hardly a permanent gay club now, was it...;)

As mentioned in my previous post, we have 3 clubs...... Xes -- Dempseys --- Fuel, I got bored with Fuel (yes it did happen) so I started to go to Xes, which i enjoy, and now its time to go back to Fuel, having the choice, which we have, is really good............ :thumbsup:

Yes Fuel have done an amazing job in such a short time, but Climax people will probably not acknowledge this, cause they wanted Climax to be Sheffield`s No 1 gay venue, and it no longer is..... which is a shame, but bitchin and hatred will continue, I notice the original poster hasn`t once replied :suspect: :suspect:

Fuel and Climax are 2 completely different venues, one is once a month and the other is a fulltime nightclub, how on earth can you compare the two :huh:

I wonder how this thread wil continue after the 26th when Fuel (who have spent money on the place) open thie 2nd dancefloor, time will tell

see below xx

Yes Fuel have done an amazing job in such a short time, but Climax people will probably not acknowledge this, cause they wanted Climax to be Sheffield`s No 1 gay venue, and it no longer is..... which is a shame, but bitchin and hatred will continue, I notice the original poster hasn`t once replied :suspect: :suspect:

im a climax 'person' and always try to acknowledge any points raised.. and if i cant, i speak to some1 who can, and then ill respond..

your supposed to be running an 'impartial' web site on sheffield's gay scene.. yet, you are making wild claims about climax's success or as u put it lack of... how on earth can i take u seriously.. also, id like to see your information source on whether climax is or isnt the most successful gay club in sheffield on the nights its on please...

the only bitchin and hatred seems to be in your head dearie... for most its just a bit of online mindless banter.. which is unlikely to damage neither climax nor fuel's reputation.

Climax has only started to improve cos its had competition since fuel opened other wise it would be same thing every month.

+ how can climax claim to be yorkshire #1 LGB Eperience? What about Federation in Leeds.

climax is a LGBT event for LGBT people and their str8 friends..

federation isnt marketed as a LGBT event for LGBT people and their friends. federation is more aimed as a liberal event, regardless of ur sexuality.

climax is the most successful once a month LGBT event in yorkshire, hence why we make the claim.

Archived