Climax Vs Fuel - Which do you prefer?

Which clubbing experience do you prefer?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which clubbing experience do you prefer?

• Climax
    • Fuel
    • Haven't been to either but would like to try them both in the future
    • Just show me the results

It has been a long time since I have posted on here, but I have been keeping up with everything that you have all been saying.

What a read Sheffield forum is! lol.

On behalf of fuel, I would like the opportunity to wipe the slate clean with all of you. We opened a club with very little money in a very tatty old venue that wasn't ideal for what we wanted. We have tried to make the best of it but have faced various setbacks and have made our fair share of mistakes.

Mistakes that have been made because we have continually strived to improve and change, some changes have been good and some haven't.

We will make loads more mistakes and we will make loads more improvements because we are dead set on getting fuel spot on.

Anyway, we are now in a position to open a venue that will be second to none and cannot wait to do so. Thanks to your support, we have been able to invest the money you have spent with us back in, and relaunch a completely different club this Friday 26th May.

We appreciate all of the things you have slagged us off for or commented on and want to assure all of you that we take everything seriously and will do something about all of our short comings as soon as we possibly can.

For instance the mirrors in the gents, this was meant to be a tounge in cheek bit of fun, not a sleaze pit, but we appreciate all of your feedback. We understand it has been taken that way and are adjusting things accordingly. I could list various things but there is no point because it will all be a completely different story by friday.

And yes, I am sure there will be plenty of faults with the new club but we will continue to strive towards our goal of getting the club spot on and we will sort those problems too.

We genuinely want to make a good job of our venue and we want to contribute towards making Sheffield's gay scene better.

It doesn't seem that it is very often that someone has succeeded in doing this in Sheffield before, and if you take this forum as an example of opinions in Sheffield then to be honest it isn't a surprise. It is a daunting challenge trying to please you guys.

But we are up to that challenge and want to do as well as we can for you, and for us.

So how about we all start again with the new venue and you give us a break and a chance to prove that we are going to make an effort for you and we are going to provide you a quality, community-minded club with excellent services?

I know we won't please all of you but I hope that you will see that we are trying and we are genuine.

To get the ball rolling I want to make you all an offer....

I am asking our office manager to contact all of the people that have been in the recent debate on here to offer them VIP entry to our launch party.

We are not to trying to buy you or any other sinister idea that someone may come up with.

We want to say thank you for those of you that have supported us, as well as give those that haven't had a good experience with us before the chance to try us again for free to see if we can do better this time round.

We look forward to showing you what we are really about.

A final thought...

We are always responsive to constructive critiscm so please let us have it directly so we can change things for the better.

Call 0114 2753999 or email info@fuel-sheffield.co.uk

It doesn't matter what it is about or how trivial the issue may be, we need your feedback to improve. We will take it seriously if you give us the chance to.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

I hope to see you all on Friday.

:thumbsup:

and now (last post i promise)

hope everyone had a great time at climax last night, despite my inability to use the microphone :gag:

next climax is on the 16th June - hope to see u all then xx;) :thumbsup:

I won`t bother replying to your drivel last few posts, lol........ you already know all my answers in MSN chat, I am still waiting for these Climax pictures to put on my website........ I don`t want Climax to lag behind the other venues, do we :P :P

16th June - well thats 1 day after my birthday, so you never know I might come along.......

oh and finally welcome back Danny ............ cannot wait until the 26th, hopefully I will be there at some point, providing I am still soberish by then .;)

Not as prominant as it was in the 90's

It was, in the 80's there used to be coach trips from the Albert to Manchester or Leeds, there were loads of bars on canal street even then.

i like to say the way you started of this poll was lets say a little bit cheap you wernt being very fair.

1.starting of with the venue slag wasnt very fair at the end of the day using plastic cups for champagne and pints is well classy i was under the impression that it was indoors and cant see any grass.lol

fair enuf the music is cool and the atmosphere is ok but fuel has so many things to offer clean toilets were you dont need swimming bands to **** and stay afloat

the cloakroom takes seven hours so when you do get to put it in you have to que again to get it out again.

i hate slaggin off but reading all of these comments gets me abit phsyco , lets have a pop at climax for once i like climax but even after all of this i would feel a bit of a prat to go again as i get so angry looking at all of this makes we wonder why fuel actually want to be so nice regarding back to dannyfuel message and can be bothered to stay here for us GAY people ,does that not say anything to you lot.

lets just accept what we have got which is a million times better then nothing so lets just have a good time and get p*****d

Not as prominant as it was in the 90's and thats when it became nationally known... but then when you are as old as you, you can remember further back back....

lol, being the same age as u then and if u are saying that is the case, ill have to take your word for it then i suppose

Archived