Parking wars on my road help

Some please help me

Has anyone got an email address that i can contact the council abput parkibg on my road please it is getting ridiculous now and something needs to be done.

I live on a small road. Others houses on the road keep parking multiple vehicles on the road. Other people that do not live on our road keep parking here as its more secure.

There is not enough parking.

Now someone has bought an house on my road and created a drive on it.. however this drive does not have a drop down kerb. This drive has been placed where i always park my car. I do not mind parking elsewhere on the road..but there is no space due to other people.

So my question is do i have to keep drive clear if no drop down kerb? I am under the impression i do not.

Secondly can we stop people whp do not live here parking here.

Thirdly how do i contact council about maybe parking permits to prevent people from parking 4 vehicles each on the small road.

Thank you

Some please help me

Has anyone got an email address that i can contact the council abput parkibg on my road please it is getting ridiculous now and something needs to be done.

I live on a small road. Others houses on the road keep parking multiple vehicles on the road. Other people that do not live on our road keep parking here as its more secure.

There is not enough parking.

Now someone has bought an house on my road and created a drive on it.. however this drive does not have a drop down kerb. This drive has been placed where i always park my car. I do not mind parking elsewhere on the road..but there is no space due to other people.

So my question is do i have to keep drive clear if no drop down kerb? I am under the impression i do not.

Secondly can we stop people whp do not live here parking here.

Thirdly how do i contact council about maybe parking permits to prevent people from parking 4 vehicles each on the small road.

Thank you

The only thing you can do is ask the council to restrict parking to permit holders only. They can refuse (and you might be very unpopular with your neighbours).

If it's taxed, insured and isn't breaking any other laws people can park where they like - on "your street" if they see fit. You don't own the road or the bit outside your house.

Unless you have a reason (disability) you dont have any right to a parking space.

You knew the parking situation when you moved in.

If having a parking spot is that important for you to have then move house.

Getting residents only parking is likely to take years, if you ever get it. Learn to love your neighbours.

How about getting your own drive, and parking your car on it?

Actually when i moved in there was not an issue so dont think you know all my situation.

I am fully aware i do not own the road or have a right to a space.

I would like the details of how to apply for permits and get clafication of the rules around blocking a drive without a drop down kerb thank you

---------- Post added 07-04-2017 at 19:23 ----------

Getting residents only parking is likely to take years, if you ever get it. Learn to love your neighbours.

How about getting your own drive, and parking your car on it?

My neighbours i actually get on with. Thank you. Some of my other neighbours are fed up of it as well

---------- Post added 07-04-2017 at 19:24 ----------

I am planning on getting a drive done but i alao need to know if i cab have one across from another one as my road is bery small

If there is a drive on the homeowners property but no drop down kerb you are entitled to park on the road essentially blocking egress and access to the drive.

Just depends how big your balls are as to weather you do park across it though!

Does it have planning permission? If not then who is to say it is a driveway?

If they're parking two cars on it then I'd see the moral case why it's good for all.

If just parking one car on it and also want to reserve the road outside for access then they are effectively claiming some greater rights to the detriment of others. I wouldn't set out to antagonise but I wouldn't be doing them any favours either.

I'm not sure how you check whether the drive has planning permission, but I do know that in order to get permit parking there needs to be council legislation passed to create each residents' parking zone so I'm afraid there's no easy way for this to be created.

When I enquired about our cul de sac which is similarly affected, I was told that the starting point would be to at least get all of the street in agreement that such a thing was necessary so I spent lots of time and energy getting them all to sign a letter to the council asking for residents' parking permits. The council still turned us down though.