Parking wars on my road help

If I had a flight to get to then I'm afraid I'd be waking my neighbours up asking them to move the car, and if none of them knew anything about it then car would get rammed out of the way if I wasn't able to move it using the trolley jack method. They'd have to prove I damaged it with intent. Or hopefully phoning the police saying they had 30 mins to get it moved before I hit it out of the way might speed the coppers up.

I think a 'v' in the side of their car would help develop a theory along the line of intent but I'm willing to be a material witness based on your attitude on this forum should you need it.

I think a 'v' in the side of their car would help develop a theory along the line of intent but I'm willing to be a material witness based on your attitude on this forum should you need it.

Based on some of my rants on here I'm not sure that's a good thing!

You need to build a hard-standing before you can apply for a dropped kerb. In theory you could build a one and then not get permission for a dropped kerb in which case you have a nice area of concrete/blocked paving/tarmic which you cannot park a car on.

Our last house had a blocked paved area to use as a parking space but no dropped kerb (it was like this when we bought it). Our neighbours didn't like anyone parking on it (didn't like a lot of things) so reported it to the council. We received a letter saying that we could not use it to park on. We applied for a dropped kerb, which was approved, and because they were doing the pavements in the area at the time we got the dropped kerb put in cheaper than normal.

Neighbours weren't happy but as we now had the dropped kerb there is not a lot they could do.

Maybe your neighbours are planning on getting a dropped kerb put in?

You need to build a hard-standing before you can apply for a dropped kerb. In theory you could build a one and then not get permission for a dropped kerb in which case you have a nice area of concrete/blocked paving/tarmic which you cannot park a car on.

Our last house had a blocked paved area to use as a parking space but no dropped kerb (it was like this when we bought it). Our neighbours didn't like anyone parking on it (didn't like a lot of things) so reported it to the council. We received a letter saying that we could not use it to park on. We applied for a dropped kerb, which was approved, and because they were doing the pavements in the area at the time we got the dropped kerb put in cheaper than normal.

Neighbours weren't happy but as we now had the dropped kerb there is not a lot they could do.

Maybe your neighbours are planning on getting a dropped kerb put in?

Sheffield must have different rules to Rotherham (who we come under). For a couple of months we had a beautiful dropped kerb (and planning permission) leading to a grass bank!