Where do you expect the blades to finish in the championship?

dorberman

Sharp for me is not a championship forward, but I hope he proves me wrong.

United will do ok next season, but nothing great. But I don't see us in a relegation battle either.

We need to bring at least 6 new players in to make the team stronger and more capable.

We need 2 new forwards in that 6 too.

There ain't much in reserve strikerwise if Sharp is out or not scoring.

Sharp for me is not a championship forward, but I hope he proves me wrong.

United will do ok next season, but nothing great. But I don't see us in a relegation battle either.

We need to bring at least 6 new players in to make the team stronger and more capable.

We need 2 new forwards in that 6 too.

I think we need to concentrate on quality rather than quantity next season,with the quality on specific areas of the team that Wilder thinks are key areas that need to be strengthened.Unless we are going to carry a big squad,which we might,I can't see him letting go anybody who he brought in this season,and a few other too who he inherited,unless he decides to be particularly ruthless.There are obvious ones who he will let go to make room for better quality,but we need team ready players in some cases,not squad ready,so some from this season may get a chance to prove they can step up,but if they can't we need players who can step in and do the job.I still think the priority is defence,and a defensive minded holding midfield player to protect the back 3 or 4,one of good quality who can get around the pitch and firefight when we are under the cosh.

Unless united invest in the summer (game changing) I think they may struggle after a good start. The strikers other than Sharp wouldn't have over 3 goals between them, the defence needs lots of work and theres no back up in the keeper department, the prince needs to stretch his arms.

The amount of money for failing in the prem is so insane now it beggers beleif and almost garuntees sucess,its a vastly different league to the one utd left 6 long years ago.

Maybe a struggle to get on terms with the rest,its a guessing game,but from what ive seen,be a tough season,learning curve for players and boss,utd deffo lower end early season,but may recover lower mid table after jan window

The important thing is to get off to a decent start, as everyone knows winning breeds confidance, lose and it,s the opposite and this is not a league where you want to be playing catch up. It,s alright saying we are only going to spend within reason only time will tell. I feel the supporters have been misled with the owners statement of intent, you will just have to wait and see what he does he may not have no option if he wants to survive in this league. One thing for sure is money plays a bigger part than luck. Its a new era for the club so make the most of it, january may be to late to pick up the pieces. At best i at this time can only see you being in the bottom third, bring in experience and who knows what will happen.

The important thing is to get off to a decent start, as everyone knows winning breeds confidance, lose and it,s the opposite and this is not a league where you want to be playing catch up. It,s alright saying we are only going to spend within reason only time will tell. I feel the supporters have been misled with the owners statement of intent, you will just have to wait and see what he does he may not have no option if he wants to survive in this league. One thing for sure is money plays a bigger part than luck. Its a new era for the club so make the most of it, january may be to late to pick up the pieces. At best i at this time can only see you being in the bottom third, bring in experience and who knows what will happen.

I don't agree with your statement in bold. Compare the two Sheffield sides: one a big-spending club struggling to stay in the top 6, and the other comfortably on top by a healthy margin. Money may help, but it's team spirit and togetherness that produces results.

We only need tonot go down next season,although Wilder will not say that,and I think he will have his eyes on being competative,not just fighting against relegation,reality might be different,but 4th bottom is the aim,we've already proved we are well ahead of Bolton and whoever comes up,so if that is maintained,there's 2 who will finish below us.

I don't agree with your statement in bold. Compare the two Sheffield sides: one a big-spending club struggling to stay in the top 6, and the other comfortably on top by a healthy margin. Money may help, but it's team spirit and togetherness that produces results.

Just look at the respective clubs around both Sheffield sides and that may answer your question why.

Also I would guess that united have the biggest wage bill in L1 and who else has a £1.5 LB in that league?

Just look at the respective clubs around both Sheffield sides and that may answer your question why.

Also I would guess that united have the biggest wage bill in L1 and who else has a £1.5 LB in that league?

Not sure who the £1.5 (I assume you mean million) LB is?

Chris Hussey was on a free and hopefully will be moved on.

You're just guessing on the wage bill and you have absolutely no idea ;)

But I imagine our wage bill is either 2nd or 3rd highest.

I thought that McCabe didn't back the managers,where did the money come from for those wages and the LB?..............looks like the goalposts are here today everybody.:hihi: