A Saturday Moan - Why Airbrush.

A lighthearted swipe at the media who airbrush "celebrities" to within an inch of their lives.

Picked up the Express (yes, my daily paper) this morning complete with their Saturday magazine. On the front page of the Mag is a photo of the actress Kym Marsh. In my opinion a very nice looking lady, but the airbrush clowns have brushed the picture until she is hardly recognisable, why they persist in doing this, it's beyond me.

Maybe the artists in this kind of Magazine picture should stipulate, only a genuine untouched picture to be used. On the other hand perhaps some of the less attractive "celebrities" encourage airbrushing. It just annoys me somehow.

Moan over.

Angel1.

I assume it's because magazines want some of the celebrity ( the glamour and famous name ), and not the rest ( the bits that don't sell ). I wonder if the make up artist on the shoot gets away with using less skill, time and product. I mean, if it's getting airbrushed anyway. Probably saves them money too!

I couldn't stop laughing at actress.

:huh:

Hmmm... now there's an interesting paradox contradiction(?)... :confused:

Many soap 'actors' these days get parts 'playing themselves' (as becomes obvious if you're unfortunate enough to stumble across one of them being 'interviewed' on daytime TV) so presumably very little proper 'acting' is required...

... and yet the media still feel the need to resort to air-brushing them to make them appear unlike their 'real' self? :suspect:

I wonder what Freud would have made of it all? :roll:

(that's Sigmund btw... not Emma!)

Are we talking about 'airbrushing' here, or photoshopping?

I (could well be mistakenly) thought airbrushing was the sort of thing that artists got up to, be they using flat surfaces or automotive ones, as in custom paintwork.

I can hardly see was 'model' sitting still for hours on end whilst someone like Boris Vallejo patiently masks bits of her off and spray paints onto her using an airbrush.

Are we talking about 'airbrushing' here, or photoshopping?

I (could well be mistakenly) thought airbrushing was the sort of thing that artists got up to, be they using flat surfaces or automotive ones, as in custom paintwork.

I can hardly see was 'model' sitting still for hours on end whilst someone like Boris Vallejo patiently masks bits of her off and spray paints onto her using an airbrush.

Here you are. I did not bother with the images, just the words.

"From Keira Knightly to Madonna, here is a selection of airbrushed celebrity images. ... these people bulls**t you!" The following gallery features celebrities who appear to have been airbrushed ... Debenhams vows to ditch airbrushed models."

Angel1