Mcmahon family tree

Hi Kathleen,

On the 1901 census, their son Patrick gives his place of birth as Clare, Ireland.

Daughter Mary on the 1911 census gives her place of birth as Clare, Ireland.

When Annie (Anna) was baptised at St. Vincent's in 1877, her mother Bridgid's

maiden name is given as Lynch.

There is a marriage between a John MacMahon and Brigid Lynch on the 19 Nov 1870

at the parish of Knockera, Co. Clare. In the presence of John Lynch and John Studdert.

The only baptism I could find in Co.Clare for Bridgett is one in Cratloe, Limerick,

Co. Clare. Brigida Lynch bap 20 April 1849, parents Joannis and Margarita.

There are a lot of John McMahons born around 1850, so it is impossible to pick one out.

I'll have another look to see if I can find any with the fathers name Patrick.

Moira.

Hi Moira the information in your first 3 paragraphs are a great help in falls in with information i have.my brother Brian is hoping to go to Ireland this year and we have been trying to find the village/town they came from. I have tried different sites and not managed to get very far.

Kath

---------- Post added 24-04-2017 at 16:19 ----------

Hi, Moira i was wondering if you could help or give me some advice,I have tried a number of sites trying to find out where my maternal grandparents are buried.my grandmother Annie/Anna Wilson nee Mcmahon and grandfather Henry Wilson,apart from the information you have given me about my grandmother i know they married in 1906,Annie already had a daughter which we don't know much about and my mother was born on the 29th of september 1913,she died on the 22nd september 1977.i hope you can help,

kath

• 3 years later...

Hi Kath, John and Bridget McMahon were also my Great great grandparents ( ive decended through Patrick McMahons line). Did you find out anything further on the irish origins from the visit you referred to in your earlier post? Would be very interested to know what you found.

David McMahon