Quality kitchenware - "Made in Sheffield"?

I'd still like to get a pair of those - I can't afford the wait time. If there was somewhere I could definitely rock up to, and even pay a slight premium, I would consider it.

The Turton, I mean.

P.S. - website says "in stock" but I'm not sure that's correct. It also says availability Easter, so I may give them a call.

---------- Post added 13-04-2017 at 09:30 ----------

Had a good chat with a guy here and while - technically - in stock, the reality is that they're all spoken for and there's a lead time of 6 weeks. Too long for my needs. A real shame, but I should've been more prepared.

Edited by Hippogriff
Added P.S.

It doesn't matter to me - it's about it having "Made in Sheffield" or "Sheffield Made" stamped on it. I don't think the recipient of the gift will be checking its provenance... I'll just be saying "this is a better than average piece of steel from my home city, which was (is?) famous for steel". Hopefully it will go down well.

That's not right.

Yes, seen them. About £400 too much... and you can't just go and buy them either. They are excellent. I have a friend who has 2.

---------- Post added 13-04-2017 at 17:15 ----------

Went and bought 2 of the 20cm Dymondwood knives. Got a small discount too. Even parked up for a free 15 minutes. What's not to like?

Each handle has a unique grain and I had 4 in stock to choose from. Very pleasing items.