United Airlines - Would You Fly With Them.

Incorrect, in the US you can demand cash as well, problem is: most people don't know about it.

Has that changed recently? Last time I tried to get a semi acceptable settlement from them I had no joy but it was a fair time ago.

What a PR nightmare for UA, but so thoroughly deserved ! I was 42 years in the airline business and have never heard of or seen anything like that.

The doctor was a relatively small Vietnamese man with three burly "Tough guy " policemen playing John Wayne deplaning him.

Nevertheless it is the culture of the airline that is to blame and this challenge goes right to the top. (It is the same with AA in my experience).

In the US I would recommend Delta, SWA or Jet Blue if you can

The UA CEO should resign, and the Board of Directors should all go, and take the new CEO along, to a week long, tailor made orientation "How to be a customer service oriented airline." for management.

The CEO and the Board should all forfeit a months wages towards the cost of defending the legal claim now on its way from the good doctor !

But the chances of UA becoming a "very good customer service oriented" airline are small as they have been this way for such a long time. Either the gate staff made a mistake in boarding four too many fare paying pax, or Operations Control did in not booking the four crew members with confirmed seats. Either way it could have easily been recovered with no "Evil airline publicity" by simply leaving all the boarded pax on board and chartering a small aircraft to move the crew the short distance from Chicago to Louisville. A win win for all concerned, but too easy for UA.

UA are cheap micro managers and their staff are not empowered, so they elected to go the evil airline route which will now have thousands refusing to fly with them.

I don`t normally approve of people trying to milk unfortunate events for loads of money, but in this case I hope he gets millions, and I think he will.

I don`t normally approve of people trying to milk unfortunate events for loads of money, but in this case I hope he gets millions, and I think he will.

Fully agree, hauled off the aircraft when he has paid for a seat when it was their problem for overbooking, they should show more respect for a member of the public instead of misusing their job.

Just an update in case you have missed the latest news. The doctor who was "deplaned" had a broken nose, two missing teeth and need facial plastic surgery. He is 69 years old.

The doc's family are trying to ensure that all the reservations, boarding, gate decision making evidence is kept in place for the legal action now on its way

Edited by glennpickard
word change