The mother of all bombs - 21000lb, this is a WMD

Building a tunnel complex in a remote area seems OTT to avoid drones, can understand in a more densely populated area, where there's checkpoints etc. But if middle of nowhere, won't they just use camouflage?

Because camouflage in the middle of nowhere stands out as like.... camouflage in the middle of nowhere! oooh look at that camouflage in the middle of an otherwise clear desert.

Building a tunnel complex in a remote area seems OTT to avoid drones, can understand in a more densely populated area, where there's checkpoints etc. But if middle of nowhere, won't they just use camouflage?

They built the tunnels to move freely so as to avoid drone strikes. Satellite surveillance doesn't just concentrate on populated areas.

Because camouflage in the middle of nowhere stands out as like.... camouflage in the middle of nowhere! oooh look at that camouflage in the middle of an otherwise clear desert.

Sand coloured camouflage. Surely you must have seen this before?

---------- Post added 14-04-2017 at 01:39 ----------

I don't think this strike was aimed at anything. I think it was a flex of the muscles.

Sand coloured camouflage. Surely you must have seen this before?

---------- Post added 14-04-2017 at 01:39 ----------

I don't think this strike was aimed at anything. I think it was a flex of the muscles.

If it was good, how would you know whether you'd seen it or not?

We have a thread on this.

This is very simple. A bunch of Daesh's murderous brigands are now dead. As a result they're no longer in a position to rape and murder their way across the country side.

This is quite obviously a good thing.

Hiroshima was 15 kilotons, Nagasaki was 20 kilotons.

This one was 21 kilotons.

Nope.

The MOAB has the explosive force of 11 tons of TNT, Little Boy, the nuke that was dropped on Nagasaki was 15 KILO-tons.

Effect:

MOAB - http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html?dll=40.71427,-74.00597&yd=0.011&zm=11&op=255

Little Boy - http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html?dll=40.71427,-74.00597&yd=15&zm=11&op=255

Someone on Reddit termed it well:

To compare the explosive yield of various weapons:

If the MOAB were 11 cents ($0.11)

The nukes on Japan were about 150 dollars each, ($150.00)

And the biggest nuke ever tested was 450 thousand dollars. ($450,000.00