America and North Korea

Watching Trump and Kim yesterday on the news made me feel uncomfy

A few years ago we had some kittens in a pen and while both seemed friendly, one suddenly attacked the other one without warning

Watching Donald Trump and Kim Jong yesterday reminded me of the two kittens in their pen, both looked friendly but which one will strike first

Watching Trump and Kim yesterday on the news made me feel uncomfy

A few years ago we had some kittens in a pen and while both seemed friendly, one suddenly attacked the other one without warning

Watching Donald Trump and Kim Jong yesterday reminded me of the two kittens in their pen, both looked friendly but which one will strike first

Like that post Rogets, many a true word spoken in jest.

I don’t think Kim will be willing to fully give up his weapons due to America’s trustworthiness and the example of Libya.

I hope peace can be reached somehow...

The upside of the meeting is that there is now an open & direct communication link NK -USA and vv. Next round there needs to be China, Japan, SK, and EU at the big table with an agenda/results that can be made public. Top of the agenda should be how to reach a nuclear free peninsula, the timeframe, verification etc, and what NK will get/give in return.

If none of this comes into view, then it will be an empty photo op. for both leaders, and no Nobel Peace prize

• 1 month later...

In entirely unsurprising news, reports of NK's nuclear programme's demise have turned out to be premature.

North Korea has not stopped its nuclear and missile programmes, violating UN sanctions, a report commissioned by the UN Security Council says.

It also says Pyongyang has resorted to a "massive increase" of illegal ship-to-ship transfers of oil products and has been trying to sell weapons abroad.