America and North Korea

Quite bored of it all now if I'm honest. It feels like it's been dragging on for years and years.

It has as just like their nuclear projects so far the failures have been high especially the intermediate range ones. A list of 2016 tests and failures:

April 15 2016 1 fail

April 23 2016 1 fail

April 28 2016 x 2 fail

May 30 2016 1 fail

June 22-23 2016 2 test 1 fail 1 partial success

July 9 2016 1 missile launched OK but exploded at 6 miles

July 18 2016 x 3 launched with possible success

August 15 2016 1 launch success

August 24 2016 1 launch success

September 9 2016 x 3 launch success

September 15 2016 x 3 launch success

October 15 2016 1 fail

October 19 2016 1 considered failure

North Korea has conducted eight Musudan intermediate-range ballistic missile tests. All launches except the sixth one on June 22 were considered to be failures.

It has as just like their nuclear projects so far the failures have been high especially the intermediate range ones. A list of 2016 tests and failures:

April 15 2016 1 fail

April 23 2016 1 fail

April 28 2016 x 2 fail

May 30 2016 1 fail

June 22-23 2016 2 test 1 fail 1 partial success

July 9 2016 1 missile launched OK but exploded at 6 miles

July 18 2016 x 3 launched with possible success

August 15 2016 1 launch success

August 24 2016 1 launch success

September 9 2016 x 3 launch success

September 15 2016 x 3 launch success

October 15 2016 1 fail

October 19 2016 1 considered failure

North Korea has conducted eight Musudan intermediate-range ballistic missile tests. All launches except the sixth one on June 22 were considered to be failures.

really? oh in that case then i can go back to not believing in conspiracy theories lol

Yep, and then take into account on top of that that most of their Nukes have not exploded to plan then you can sit back and relax. :)

i always assumed most of their tests were successes in recent years, not that ive looked into it that deep lol

Agree with you hauxwell.

Being as unstable as a dictatorship can be, the world has a responsibility to put a stop to NK becoming a nuclear power with long range delivery systems. Same with Iran. NK threaten Japan and South Korea now, but if they can perfect inter continental ballistic systems, everyone will be in the crazy man's sights. They have put themselves into the present hole, and China is the key to digging them out.

Lets see what China can do by closing off the primary economic activities

of NK, ie. coal exports, food/oil imports, banking, airlines and general trading etc. I realize the implication to NK's people, but there is no choice whilst NK are on the track they are on.

And Russia can be dissuaded from its present desire to reincarnate the "Soviet empire." They are a constant problem to solving situations such as the NK threats, with their veto in the UN.

The US, EU and allies need to keep wide ranging sanctions against Russia for their actions in the Crimea and eastern Ukraine. If nothing was done, as some infer, Mr. Putin would see this as his pass to move forward to the next round of aggression, with the Baltic states in mind

Agree with you hauxwell.

Being as unstable as a dictatorship can be, the world has a responsibility to put a stop to NK becoming a nuclear power with long range delivery systems. Same with Iran. NK threaten Japan and South Korea now, but if they can perfect inter continental ballistic systems, everyone will be in the crazy man's sights. They have put themselves into the present hole, and China is the key to digging them out.

Lets see what China can do by closing off the primary economic activities

of NK, ie. coal exports, food/oil imports, banking, airlines and general trading etc. I realize the implication to NK's people, but there is no choice whilst NK are on the track they are on.

And Russia can be dissuaded from its present desire to reincarnate the "Soviet empire." They are a constant problem to solving situations such as the NK threats, with their veto in the UN.

The US, EU and allies need to keep wide ranging sanctions against Russia for their actions in the Crimea and eastern Ukraine. If nothing was done, as some infer, Mr. Putin would see this as his pass to move forward to the next round of aggression, with the Baltic states in mind

but do you not think the west are acting aggressive?

The US, EU and allies need to keep wide ranging sanctions against Russia for their actions in the Crimea and eastern Ukraine.

If nothing was done, as some infer, Mr. Putin would see this as his pass to move forward to the next round of aggression, with the Baltic states in mind

I can understand the bit in Crimea and E.Ukraine and why Russia seems threatened but what would Russia gain from aggression with the Baltic States?

---------- Post added 29-04-2017 at 17:37 ----------

but do you not think the west are acting aggressive?

Exactly, and part of the problem.

Quite bored of it all now if I'm honest. It feels like it's been dragging on for years and years.

Same here. The two rocket failures have shown the world just how inferior their technology is.

They are a laughing stock. The only sad thing is that Jong un will have had people executed for making him so.

I don't think they are. I believe we have reached the stage where it is now "Make your mind up time." At least with Iran there is an agreement put in place by Obama that allows for verification, and It seems to be working. Nothing like this with NK. Even the Chinese have been sidelined by the "Dear Leader".

There is a way out for NK through China but I believe its five minutes to midnight now for Pyongang. When I say China, all right minded countries (I include Japan and South Korea) need to be on board to stop further nuclear proliferation. China is the key, eg.

1) the threats from NK may one day become real, they have become worse since the latest Kim Jong came to power

2) China wants stability esp. on its borders and cannot see this with the NK leader's behaviour

3) China keeps the regime alive with imports and exports. No one else comes close

4) China is now a strong conventional, strategic, military and maritime power. She can provide a security guarantee to NK, so that she would not feel the need to threaten Japan and South Korea

5) in conjunction with the guarantee, parallel talks should be initiated by China, but to include the US and others, to finalize a peace treaty between NK, SK and the USA. Yes China may have to step up and become an "honest broker." Amongst other things, it should include no demand for regime change from the west, trade expansion, no strategic weapons on the peninsula, family cross border visits and a security guarantee by the US and China

---------- Post added 29-04-2017 at 13:40 ----------

Re the Baltic states, there are now concerns emanating from them about Putin re-establishing the old "Soviet boundaries, which used to include the Baltics, Ukraine, Poland etc. Many of these former soviet satellites have large numbers of Russians in them so they fear a "Fifth column."

All of them want to be in or stay in NATO for security guarantee purposes. Putin is not to be trusted, having successfully interfered in the last US election, occupied Crimea and eastern Ukraine, and had Russian opposition politicians murdered, so the west has to be very wary of his real intentions.

Putin sees himself as the leader of a "Super power, equal to the US in terms of military power. Nothing could be further from the truth. The size of the Russian GNP is similar to that of Canada, average salary is about $1,000 pm, and its navy is badly out of date. It manufacturers very little and is reliant on the export of oil, natural gas and minerals. It does have thousands of nuclear weapons from its Soviet days, but they are of limited value in an age of "Mutual Assured Destruction."