WW3 hide-aways.

Yeah, but running out of pods for your Tassimo is bloody tragic! You should get a Nespresso machine, you can get automatic repeat deliveries set up. Admittedly, they aren't cheap!

Actually whilst everyone else is stocking up on tinned food, I can top up on Tassimo pods. I am sure they'll have long dates on them.

So, because we leveled Dresden in WWII it would be fair to say we dropped a Hiroshima like bomb on it?

No. That would be absurd and fear mongering wouldn't it?

You cant say any fire at a nuclear facility is Chernobyl-like.

He could have said Chernobyl-like contamination. He chose to use fire. It was wrong.

No because an important effect of the blast would be missing.

In a actinide fuel fire, the resuls. you know I don't care. Someone it appears is more caring about point scoring than debating the actual important part of the issue. You know what was meant, he knows what was meant, the world knows.

The next war won't be nuclear, it will (mostly) be conventional and it will be messy. I'll be up in Scotland, maybe the Shetlands. Plenty of old bunkers and structures related to the Navy activities there and opportunities to grow your own food and live of the land.

Trumps golf course will take a hit, just for spite.

No because an important effect of the blast would be missing.

In a actinide fuel fire, the resuls. you know I don't care. Someone it appears is more caring about point scoring than debating the actual important part of the issue. You know what was meant, he knows what was meant, the world knows.

I didn't originally know what he meant when he said Chernobyl-like fires. Hence my first reply.

It was fun watching him twist and turn and try and explain what he meant, going from loss of power to coolant to a direct hit from a nuclear missile.

I accept he meant contamination. I now bow out. I will leave you nuclear experts to be experts on every other topic as well.

You guys have a lot of time to be experts on everything. When do you actually work?

The next war won't be nuclear, it will (mostly) be conventional and it will be messy. I'll be up in Scotland, maybe the Shetlands. Plenty of old bunkers and structures related to the Navy activities there and opportunities to grow your own food and live of the land.

Scotland is one of the most militarised countries around, after all the submarine bases, underground munitions bunkers and other huge military interests have been dealt with up there hardly anything will be left.

Trumps golf course will take a hit, just for spite.

I'll go and dig it up myself before they realise that should be a target. I have a feeling that a LOT of locals would jump at the chance actually! Anarchy for all :love:

---------- Post added 18-04-2017 at 13:01 ----------

Scotland is one of the most militarised countries around, after all the submarine bases, underground munitions bunkers and other huge military interests have been dealt with up there hardly anything will be left.

Almost all on the Clyde, 200 miles south (minimum) of where I'll be. They might try and hit the 2nd WW fuel bunker on the Firth of Cromarty, but I doubt it as it is practically impenetrable and has been empty for decades. In fact, that gives me a great idea for a place to hide! :help:

I'll go and dig it up myself before they realise that should be a target. I have a feeling that a LOT of locals would jump at the chance actually! Anarchy for all :love:

---------- Post added 18-04-2017 at 13:01 ----------

Almost all on the Clyde, 200 miles south (minimum) of where I'll be. They might try and hit the 2nd WW fuel bunker on the Firth of Cromarty, but I doubt it as it is practically impenetrable and has been empty for decades. In fact, that gives me a great idea for a place to hide! :help:

Is there space for one more :(

Actually whilst everyone else is stocking up on tinned food, I can top up on Tassimo pods. I am sure they'll have long dates on them.
Don't forget a generator and fuel stocks ;)

Personally, I'll be putting coffee snobbery aside, and stock up on decent freeze dried instead: it's easier (and quieter) to boil <any> water, than to power up a Tassimo ;)

Look at this lot, even after a massive nuclear strike against the UK the SF massive are still arguing about something :hihi:
SF is the Obi Wan Kenobi of online forums: "You can never win [, Vader]. If you strike me, I shall become more powerful than you can ever imagine" :hihi:

Ukelele? Or a violin?
Violin, of course.

Have Landy in Oxford green. Very non conspicuous and it even has EMP hardening apparently. Although not tested per se for obvious reasons....
Well, proof shall be in the pudding if you turn up in it :D Edited by L00b