What's May up to? General election 08/06/2017

If they've not twigged by now, they never will.
You want to bet on that?

:rolleyes::(

You appear to be calling the electorate stupid.(....)
All of it, certainly not. But enough of it...Stupid is as stupid does, tbh. Turkeys did vote for Xmas once, no reason they can't do it twice.

Ever the optimist, I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised come 09 June. Ever the realist (afflicted by some degree of cynicism), I'm not holding my breath however.

Edited by L00b

You want to bet on that?

:rolleyes::(

All of it, certainly not. But enough of it...Stupid is as stupid does, tbh. Turkeys did vote for Xmas once, no reason they can't do it twice.

Ever the optimist, I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised come 09 June. Ever the realist (afflicted by some degree of cynicism), I'm not holding my breath however.

I think it's fair to say that essentially implying anyone that doesn't see JC as some kind of Christ like saviour of the British working class must have been brainwashed by a shadowy cabal of right-wing media titans shows a breathtaking amount of arrogance on Anna B's part.

A fair few people just think he's crap because he's crap.

Edited by MamboNo5

The French and German elections are happening soon anyway so there's unlikely to be any substantial negotiating done for Brexit in this time. And holding the election after triggering Article 50 limits certain parties from choosing a 'No Brexit' platform. (ahem Lib Dems).

It needs two thirds of MP's to vote for it which Labour have to do or else admit they are a shower of ..... and cannot run a country.

Massive landslide win for the Tories.

JN the traditional issues you raise won't be battleground arguments for this general election.

The Conservatives are hell-bent on delivering Brexit. Most people are still unaware of the Labour position on Brexit (a failure on Labour's part).

Now if you consider that large swathes of the Yorkshire & Humberside region voted in favour of Brexit, is it so radical to imagine Yorkshire voters entrusting the Tories to deliver on their Brexit dreams?

I think we're in for a shock.

i don't know, things may not be as bad as people think for Labour.

Despite their Leader's issues, Labour's policies are generally more in line with what the "traditional" labour voter likes than they have had for years and there are still plenty of people who would sooner cut off their hands rather than vote conservative.

JN the traditional issues you raise won't be battleground arguments for this general election.

The Conservatives are hell-bent on delivering Brexit. Most people are still unaware of the Labour position on Brexit (a failure on Labour's part).

Now if you consider that large swathes of the Yorkshire & Humberside region voted in favour of Brexit, is it so radical to imagine Yorkshire voters entrusting the Tories to deliver on their Brexit dreams?

I think we're in for a shock.

Or a low turn out.

The French and German elections are happening soon anyway so there's unlikely to be any substantial negotiating done for Brexit in this time. And holding the election after triggering Article 50 limits certain parties from choosing a 'No Brexit' platform. (ahem Lib Dems).

It needs two thirds of MP's to vote for it which Labour have to do or else admit they are a shower of ..... and cannot run a country.

Massive landslide win for the Tories.

Why does it limit a party from choosing a 'No Brexit' platform?

Article 50 wasn't carved in tablets of stone and brought down from Mount Sinai by a prophet.

Don't think it will happen for a second but it could.

That's exactly what the Lib Dems should campaign on, 16 million voted Remain, give them another opportunity.

Wouldn't expect a Lib Dem victory but if they got enough seats they could hold the balance of power.

What have they got to lose?

Why does it limit a party from choosing a 'No Brexit' platform?

Article 50 wasn't carved in tablets of stone and brought down from Mount Sinai by a prophet.

Don't think it will happen for a second but it could.

That's exactly what the Lib Dems should campaign on, 16 million voted Remain, give them another opportunity.

Wouldn't expect a Lib Dem victory but if they got enough seats they could hold the balance of power.

What have they got to lose?

Very true. It wasn't all that long ago they were in a coalition government. Their reversal on student loans cost them dear but Brexit might make people forget that.

Though I predict a Tory landslide and Labour being wiped out. I agree with the other poster about JC resigning. Perhaps even before the election.

Very true. It wasn't all that long ago they were in a coalition government. Their reversal on student loans cost them dear but Brexit might make people forget that.

Though I predict a Tory landslide and Labour being wiped out. I agree with the other poster about JC resigning. Perhaps even before the election.

Very much doubt he'll resign before the election. Any reasonable person in his position would have resigned already if they had any genuine concern for the future of the party.

The man appears delusional to me.