What's May up to? General election 08/06/2017

The uk has more people going to university than ever before so it's not going that badly wrong.

I'm asking the right questions. Who is, certainly post brexit, going to pay for it? Big business? Good luck with that, who ever wins. It needs looking at globally to close off all the loopholes.

I'm not sure the number of people going to University is a measure of how well we're doing... It could even be the opposite.

I think a lot of people are going to University because they don't know what they want to do, and don't hold out much hope of getting a decent job. And once qualified there are a lot of graduates unemployed or overqualified for the jobs they can actually get. Our universities are also the most expensive in Europe. Why?

Secondly they leave Uni with huge debts which they often can't pay, so have to be cancelled eventually, which can't be good for the economy. The prospect of debt also scares off a lot of poorer people, and who knows, that might be where the next Einstein lives....

Money it seems is not available to train enough Doctors and Nurses so we have to poach them from abroad, or pay temporary staff excessive amounts to cover the gaps. It also has the knock on effect across the NHS system which is also underfunded. Similarly not enough money is going into research and we are being overtaken by other countries that do invest in the potential of thir young people.

It seems to me to be all over the place, with not enough joined up thinking, but once again the bottom line seems to be dictated not by excellence, but by money and profit.

After having some of the best tertiary education in the world, the Blair Messiah wanted to further his political desires by destroying our wonderful vocational colleges and polytechnics in order to be able to say that over 50% of school students go to "university".

After having some of the best tertiary education in the world, the Blair Messiah wanted to further his political desires by destroying our wonderful vocational colleges and polytechnics in order to be able to say that over 50% of school students go to "university".

The Tories actually did that. In 1992 before Blair was even Labour leader

Todays front pages are a bit of mixed bag - not too much politics considering. Plenty of Maddie McCann, trumps daughter and Kim Kardashians arse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-39714115

---------- Post added 27-04-2017 at 12:36 ----------

Thursday 27/4/17 front pages now.

It's good that they're generating debate ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-39727377

I think the papers have had to adopt a more even handed approach with the coming election, but the bias is still there, it's just moved to the inside pages. Today's it's 'Back to the 1970s; Labour plan 'would boost union power and lead to strike chaos.' There follows an article which says nothing of the sort accompanied by a particularly unflattering picture of Mr Corbyn.

But 3 pages of glowing reports about Theresa May's campaign.

The letters page always contains at least 2 letters against Corbyn ('Corbyn Catastrophe.') whilst others praise the other parties. And then there are the constant nasty little digs inside articles about something else entirely, like this one on the TV pages about Dr Who; 'The Doctor then made a speech about human rights that was so self-righteous it might have been pinched from Jeremy Corbyn's Big Book of Vapid Platitudes.'

Mind you, I admit I'm probably paranoid by now....

I would like to see Theresa May do a live TV debate with members of the public questioning her on NHS, welfare, Brex and other areas. I really do think she would struggle has the questions could not be controlled a real leader would have no problem and would give clear and direct answers. The United States has live debates that do go a long way on how the electorate votes I can only guess May would not cope with a live debate to me that says she hiding something or not has good has been made out in right wing press.