How many parliamentary seats will Labour hold on 9th June?

How many seats will Labour hold on 9th June?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How many seats will Labour hold on 9th June?

• About the same (220-240)
    • It will be terrible for Labour - Less than 100
    • It will be bad for Labour - 100-220
    • Labour will gain but not a majority - 240-324
    • Labour's wildest dreams a working majority - more than 325

Already explained.

So does he want to reopen coal mines or not?

As demonstrated he has stated both opinions. Whether or not it was a pledge really doesn't matter - I can see why fixating on that word and focusing on a somewhat semantic argument is advantageous as moves discussion from the actual point, but that does not make the disparity in his remarks go away.

if the economics and environmentals are favourable then why shouldn't we reopen the coal mines?
That's not the question though, nor the issue at hand, which is Corbyn's constant and blatant opportunistic flip-flopping.

About coal mines, about Trident, about assuming responsibility for a Labour GE win or a Labour GE loss, about <...>

He's still fully playing to right/left politics, and portraying himself as being everything to every one, ending up with a self-conflicting and highly-confusing message to audiences (but for the small cadre of assiduous followers of course, who'll take every u-turn and fudge as gospel, even if twice over on the same day).

If you hadn't noticed it from statements reported recently (or from the last 2 years of party leadership), then seeing it in the flesh on Andrew Marr yesterday morning was all the eye opener you ever needed.

Trying to cover so many bases from both ends, he'll end up alienating every potential Labour voter and being nothing to no one.

if the economics and environmentals are favourable then why shouldn't we reopen the coal mines?

The main problem would be the comprehensive and utter damage done to them.

Also, that we have no men of working age who know how to do the job.

When the Tories set out to destroy something, they are single-minded in that aim.

Look at the railway system, for instance. Beeching did not just close the vast majority of it, it was razed to the ground.

The same with the Steel, Engineering, Textile industries.

Total and utter destruction.

If nothing else, the Tories know how to make a quick profit out of long term, terminal damage.

And yet they are portrayed as the responsible ones, and, what is worse, people believe it.

i'm sure there are, the last deep coal mine closed less than 2 years ago, there are still metal and mineral mines around and there will still be people who are able to train newcomers to the industry even if they dont actually work.

given the risks associated with the industry, then maybe there is a space for the robotics industry to provide some workers.

and if all else fails, we could maybe invite workers from overseas to come and help.

When the Tories set out to destroy something, they are single-minded in that aim.

Look at the railway system, for instance. Beeching did not just close the vast majority of it, it was razed to the ground.

The same with the Steel, Engineering, Textile industries.

Total and utter destruction.

If nothing else, the Tories know how to make a quick profit out of long term, terminal damage.

And yet they are portrayed as the responsible ones, and, what is worse, people believe it.

My bold. Once upon a time we didn't have any working age men who understood computers either but by magic here we all are. That's not a valid to not re-open them, if and only if the economic and environment numbers add up. We cannot survive without power, and our options seem to be:

- More nuclear (outsourced to France :( )

- Oil from countries we should not be supporting i.e. Saudi Arabia

- Fracking

- Coal

So when you actually look at alternatives it's not that daft a proposal really.

He's still fully playing to right/left politics, and portraying himself as being everything to every one, ending up with a self-conflicting and highly-confusing message to audiences (but for the small cadre of assiduous followers of course, who'll take every u-turn and fudge as gospel, even if twice over on the same day).

The choice is quite clear, you dont need any facts ;)

Right or left, who do you want in power?

Those nasty Tories or leftie Labour.

Strange, I've just given you two separate accounts of where he said he would reopen the coal mines if the economics and the environmental concerns were in his favour. Call it fake news and argue the toss about a pledge (various other places that reported this also called it a promise, a vow etc) but it's exactly what he said.

So perhaps you can explain what he meant in regards to opening the mines then? Where does it say in my links that he won't open the mines, just so we are clear here, as you are now suggesting he said nothing about opening mines.

with due respect, that is the most stupid thing i have read, you make an outlandish statement that he "made a pledge to open the mines", which you have failed to back up with evidence?

And now you ask me to say where it says in your link "that he wouldnt open the mines"...surely, it is you that has made this ridiculous statement, the onus is on you to back up your statements with facts, not me to prove he didnt say something :huh:

The link you gave me, in the video he say something like "there may be case to open the mines"..as i have repeated over and over and over, that is not him saying he would open the mines, its him saying there may be a case......... perhaps in 100 years time when there is no coal left, then there may be a case for opening the mines, perhaps if there is no gas left then there may be case for opening the mines, perhaps if coal becomes more valuable than gold, then there may be case for opening the mines...but he has not said he wants to open the mines, as much as you hate him, your hatred can not put words into his mouth..

Producing links about articles where it is claimed he says he wants to open the mines is silly, they could be mischief making as is usually the case, i have seen loads of articles about him that says "he wants to get rid of the army"....."he wants to welcome all terrorists"..."he wants to give the Falklands back"...they are all distorted versions of what he has supposedly said...you see where i a coming fro here?

I'll ask you again, please produce the evidence to back up your outlandish statement that he pledged to open the mines?

That's not the question though, nor the issue at hand, which is Corbyn's constant and blatant opportunistic flip-flopping.

it's my question though and if you want some opportunistic flip-flopping then how about Mrs May's flip-flopping on the election issue.

I think everyone accepts that Labour and the other opposition parties will struggle to form the next government, however that doesn't mean they should give up.

Labour, and all the other opposition parties, should not be campaigning on the prime ministership question but on the question "do you trust the conservatives to govern in the interests of all or just the rich few?". The answer to that question should be informing a voters decision.

The choice is quite clear, you dont need any facts ;)

Right or left, who do you want in power?

Those nasty Tories or leftie Labour.

Well no, there's the Lib Dems for example who manage to walk the line between the 2...I say line, it's more like a canyon now.

I really wish the SNP and LDs merged or at least collaborated. Their policies seem very much in line and if they did there is a good chance of that party/collaboration being the opposition and I'd love that outcome!

As you can see I've defected from Labour to LDs. I still really do love Corbyn's policies in the main, but I just can no longer support him. I a bit sad, but then pleased that I have alternatives to vote for. Imagine if you live in the US and dislike both Democrats and Republicans, there is literally no one else with a chance and that's a shame.