How many parliamentary seats will Labour hold on 9th June?

How many seats will Labour hold on 9th June?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How many seats will Labour hold on 9th June?

• About the same (220-240)
    • It will be terrible for Labour - Less than 100
    • It will be bad for Labour - 100-220
    • Labour will gain but not a majority - 240-324
    • Labour's wildest dreams a working majority - more than 325

Does Corbyn still want to reopen the coal mines, or has he done a U-Turn on that?

The BBC reporting today that the UK went 24 hours without using coal to generate electricity for the first time since the Industrial Revolution reminded me of his pledge..

Does Corbyn still want to reopen the coal mines, or has he done a U-Turn on that?

The BBC reporting today that the UK went 24 hours without using coal to generate electricity for the first time since the Industrial Revolution reminded me of his pledge..

In May 2016, for the first time solar power produced more electricity than coal, producing 1.33GWh compared to 0.9GWh from coal.

But we still have 9 coal fired power stations.

oh lord, here we go again, people stating facts what Corbyn is supposed to have said, some people really believe everything that they are told, and never for a minute think that it is taken out of context, or twisted to give an Anti Corbyn slant,

Please support your claim about his pledge, because i have never seen it, and i will stand corrected if you do

I don't think it will be a Tory landslide. Brexit was a one off, an issue that crossed party lines. Now we are back to voting tribally; there are many labour voters who are genetically incapable of voting Tory so their vote will hold up OK in traditional areas.

That said, I'm crap at backing horses. :D

I don't think it will be a landslide either. Brexit should have been a one off, but the rumblings linger on. Several in the Tory party are not happy and seem to want a re-run, as does Tiny Tim Farron for the Lib Dems, so it's still confusing everything at the moment. But it has highlighted divisions in the Tory party.

Jacktari criticises Jeremy Corbyn for aquiescing to the Tories over Brexit, but if he'd fought to stay in the EU against the wishes of the people he'd have copped it for that as well, and it would have been hyped up to high heaven in the media, so he was in a no-win situation. As it is I think he's taken the right stance of supporting the wishes of the electorate, but with reservations on certain aspects. I trust he'll fight hard for what is in the best interests of the people; he says he's already had helpful meetings with his colleagues in the EU.

But I'm not sure we're back to voting tribally just yet.

---------- Post added 22-04-2017 at 17:57 ----------

oh lord, here we go again, people stating facts what Corbyn is supposed to have said, some people really believe everything that they are told, and never for a minute think that it is taken out of context, or twisted to give an Anti Corbyn slant,

Please support your claim about his pledge, because i have never seen it, and i will stand corrected if you do

I think it was Donald Trump who said he was going to reopen coal mines, perhaps poster was getting confused with that....

Edited by Anna B

Said it in august 16 about one coal mine. Came out on BBC Wales sept 2016 he doesn't want to open the coal mines again and concentrate on renewables.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-34398851

Said it in august 16 about one coal mine. Came out on BBC Wales sept 2016 he doesn't want to open the coal mines again and concentrate on renewables.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-34398851

Thanks for the link Tinfoil, so he was talking about one coal mine, and he didnt even say he wanted to open it....

kind of proves my point about everything that gets distorted about him.

and the_bloke said he made a pledge...:hihi:

Edited by banjodeano

Thanks for the link Tinfoil, so he was talking about one coal, and he didnt even say he wanted to open it....

kind of proves my point about everything that gets distorted about him.

and the_bloke said he made a pledge...:hihi:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/labour-leadership-hopeful-jeremy-corbyn-9815780

Nice video here, straight from the horses mouth, saying how he would consider opening coal mines again in the future in South Wales if the cost of coal went up as long as it was environmentally friendly to do so.

Note 'mines', not one. But as you say, he's gone back on that in later interviews.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/labour-leadership-hopeful-jeremy-corbyn-9815780

Nice video here, straight from the horses mouth, saying how he would consider opening coal mines again in the future in South Wales if the cost of coal went up as long as it was environmentally friendly to do so.

Note 'mines', not one. But as you say, he's gone back on that in later interviews.

Considering something if conditions are right, is not a promise and not a mandate, it sounds more like common sense to me.

Oh Dear....Oh Dear oh dear

I asked you to back up your claim that Corbyn "PLEDGED" to open the coal mines again..and what do you supply? some crappy clip from a TV interview where he says ... "there may be a case to mine coal again"...not that he would do it, or anyone would do it, but that "there may be a case"...how in the name of god do you come to the conclusion that he wants to open the mines again from that, and not only that, but he "PLEDGED"

Now, i will ask you again, please supply the evidence that he "PLEDGED" to open the mines again, if you dont have the evidence, and are totally wrong, please say so now...we are all waiting on the edge of our seats