Why won't Theresa May take part in a TV debate?

Well that cant be it as they go all out for positive discrimination.

Not sure what you mean. You seem to have taken my comment out of context.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 00:30 ----------

leaders debates are absolutely classless .We are slowly going down the the American celebrity route

Well they certainly seem to be getting more complicated. No one seems to know what they're voting for anymore. It's certainly not like the old days.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 00:43 ----------

Actually, I think Theresa May will do the TV debates in the end.

I can't see how she can honourably get out of it. If the opposition is so crap, what has she got to fear?

Not sure what you mean. You seem to have taken my comment out of context.

Not really, what I was saying is that Labour cannot really believe in equality and fairness as they also use positive discrimination which is not based on equality, and also not fair.

I don't think televised debates are a true reflection on anything, if you believe what is presented on TV soundbites you'd have voted Brexit for the £350 million going back into the NHS.

Oooops some people were that gullible.

Theresa May hardly ever gives a straight answer to a straight question, so it's no surprise she is ducking a televised debate.

hardly ducking it as they have pm questions weekly? it would serve no purpose apart from a media love in, she has far more important things to do with her time right now.

Theresa May hardly ever gives a straight answer to a straight question, so it's no surprise she is ducking a televised debate.

hardly ducking it as they have pm questions weekly? it would serve no purpose apart from a media love in, she has far more important things to do with her time right now.

I was watching a clip of PMQ yesterday in which she was lecturing him on how it works.

She said: "Week in and week out he stands up and asks me questions, and I respond to those questions..."

You may note that she says "respond" to the questions and does not claim to answer them an unusual and revealing display of honesty I think.

In a proper debate, a good chair would push her for proper answers

The answer is fairly straight forward and basic tactics.

The Tories have a big lead in the polls, therefore there is nothing to gain and everything to lose.

I'm not sure where this obsession with debates has come from, it was never even a thing a few years ago.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 08:24 ----------

I was watching a clip of PMQ yesterday in which she was lecturing him on how it works.

She said: "Week in and week out he stands up and asks me questions, and I respond to those questions..."

You may note that she says "respond" to the questions and does not claim to answer them an unusual and revealing display of honesty I think.

Or perhaps you are reading too much into a simple choice of words on the fly?