Anyone lost a savannah cat crookesmoor area?

onewheeldave

Just been visited by what I'm 99% certain was a savannah cat.

Strode into my cats garden and stared it down.

Savannahs are crossed with African wild cats, and are easily capable of killing standard cats in a conflict, so, cat owners in the Crookesmoor road area may wish to be on the alert.

As Savannahs are pedigrees and this one looked in very good condition, I'm posting this in case someone local has lost one.

Having strode road the area looking very dominant, it then went off, so I'm not sure if it was just moving through, or if it's going to be re-appearing.

Was certainly a beautiful and impressive sight, one of the other neighbours who saw it said it looked, and moved, like a leopard :)

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 19:03 ----------

I've been told that the cat may not have been a Savannah, but instead a Bengal cat. Having looked at pictures I agree that it may well have been a Bengal.

Either way, they're both pedigree cats, so chances are someone is missing a treasured pet, so do spread the word as I can't imagine there are many such cats in Sheffield.

http://www.kittycat.co.za/understanding-the-differences-between-savannah-cats-and-bengal-cats/

Edited by onewheeldave