4 more bank holidays!

Economists are unlikely to endorse the idea of further bank holidays, not least when productivity levels in Britain are significantly lower than other leading economies.

Sorry Jeremy, I'm going to play it safe and decline the offer of sweets. It's what my mother taught me.

rubbish, its a lo better now since Theresa May is in charge, business confidence up, productivity up, she isnt taking any of the proverbial from anyone, FTSE 100 highest its been for years and now she is taking on europe and telling them like it is...whats not to like?

What's not to like? :hihi:

How about cuts to schools, selling off the NHS, no real pay increase for 10 years, cuts to disability allowance and a national debt of over £590 billion??

Truly a system that only works for the few!

---------- Post added 23-04-2017 at 17:04 ----------

Economists are unlikely to endorse the idea of further bank holidays, not least when productivity levels in Britain are significantly lower than other leading economies.

Sorry Jeremy, I'm going to play it safe and decline the offer of sweets. It's what my mother taught me.

No, of cause not. That's why other con tries have twice as many as we do and some are even trialing a 6 hour working week.

Happy, well paid people spend more money that depressed, stressed, overworked people.

rubbish, its a lo better now since Theresa May is in charge, business confidence up, productivity up, she isnt taking any of the proverbial from anyone, FTSE 100 highest its been for years and now she is taking on europe and telling them like it is...whats not to like?

What about peoples personal well being?

There is more to running a country than just business and capitalists doing well you know.

Security and food on the table are of far greater meaning that businessmen getting richer.

How about cuts to schools, selling off the NHS, no real pay increase for 10 years, cuts to disability allowance and a national debt of over £590 billion??

No, of cause not. That's why other con tries have twice as many as we do and some are even trialing a 6 hour working week.

Happy, well paid people spend more money that depressed, stressed, overworked people.

The national debt is why there is no more money to give to the NHS, schools and benefits, there has never been so much money spent on all of those. Schools used to just have a classroom teacher when I was a kid now every classroom has a teacher and an assistant, the NHS is burdened with an ageing population and every government for the past 20 years knew what was happening but did nothing about it, as a society we try to keep people alive at great cost with zero quality of life, let's not even get started on benefits.

Businesses are cutthroat there is pressure on everyone to walk harder, smarter and be more efficient, most peoples earnings will have stagnated, but the reality is people generally have never been so well off, go outside and take a look.

I think you will find a lot of people only get one day off a week me included.I would welcome a few more days off.

But it wont be a few more days off for the vast majority of "workers" whom Compo claims to be the voice of.

What about all those people who have to work each and every bank holiday as part of thier normal shifts. You know, those people who work in essential services such as healthcare, police and telecoms, broadcast and other essential utilities.

What about all the other staff that have to work so we can selfishly enjoy our extra days off, its hardly a surprise that the masses like to spend their bank holdays doing things like Shopping, Dining out, watching sports, drinking or visiting attractions.

So, that obviously requires transport workers, hospitality workers, retail workers, chefs, bar staff, stewards, ground staff, security...

Maybe if everything was closed down like Christmas Day and Easter on bank holidays the wider populus might not be so keen then on their "extra" holidays.

Lets get real here. Its a typical desprate soundbite from a failing politician.

Its means nothing and will come to nothing.

I have never been particuarly happy with being forced to take national holidays at a time when everyone else is off and when I dont necessarilly want to. I certainly have never been of the opinion that such enforced holiday is even necessary in the modern world.

The days of the great works closing down for the summer are long gone. Perhaps Corbyn and his Trotsky club need to get with the times.

If I had my way I would much rather employees get an increased minimum holiday allowance to use when THEY want to use them.

"Bank Holidays" (at a push, with the exception of limited relgious events) should really be a part of history.

Edited by ECCOnoob

the system is being cut as there are less people putting anything into it despite the massive influx of people from abroad who drain our system.

schools and the NHS have to cope with far more than they were ever designed for? who has to pay or do we go for massive debts for the future generations? Labour good at spending and borrowing other peoples money without a plan to pay it back.

---------- Post added 23-04-2017 at 19:12 ----------

What about peoples personal well being?

There is more to running a country than just business and capitalists doing well you know.

Security and food on the table are of far greater meaning that businessmen getting richer.

personal well being comes from hard work and not the entitlement culture.

But it wont be a few more days off for the vast majority of "workers" whom Compo claims to be the voice of.

What about all those people who have to work each and every bank holiday as part of thier normal shifts. You know, those people who work in essential services such as healthcare, police and telecoms, broadcast and other essential utilities.

What about all the other staff that have to work so we can selfishly enjoy our extra days off, its hardly a surprise that the masses like to spend their bank holdays doing things like Shopping, Dining out, watching sports, drinking or visiting attractions.

So, that obviously requires transport workers, hospitality workers, retail workers, chefs, bar staff, stewards, ground staff, security...

Maybe if everything was closed down like Christmas Day and Easter on bank holidays the wider populus might not be so keen then on their "extra" holidays.

Lets get real here. Its a typical desprate soundbite from a failing politician.

Its means nothing and will come to nothing.

I have never been particuarly happy with being forced to take national holidays at a time when everyone else is off and when I dont necessarilly want to. I certainly have never been of the opinion that such enforced holiday is even necessary in the modern world.

The days of the great works closing down for the summer are long gone. Perhaps Corbyn and his Trotsky club need to get with the times.

If I had my way I would much rather employees get an increased minimum holiday allowance to use when THEY want to use them.

"Bank Holidays" (at a push, with the exception of limited relgious events) should really be a part of history.

I agree,i was just pointing out to Puggie that not everybody works just five days a week.I think it is a desperate attempt to get the working class on board.Extra bank holidays would at least get me some extra days in lieu,but i wont be voting Labour.I was too let down and disappointed with Labours last stint in power.My dads a staunch Labour voter but even he has said that Corbyn will bankrupt the country and is even contemplating not voting.