UKIP's new policy - force Muslim girls to have intimate examinations

Why should we interfere in to what certain religious groups do.If mutilating there offspring is what they do then what right have the rest of us got to tell them its wrong.Jews and muslims and some Christians have been doing these kind of things for generations to boys and girls.As an atheist its all a bit alien to me but who am I to interfere.

Why should we interfere in to what certain religious groups do.If mutilating there offspring is what they do then what right have the rest of us got to tell them its wrong.Jews and muslims and some Christians have been doing these kind of things for generations to boys and girls.As an atheist its all a bit alien to me but who am I to interfere.

I don't agree, female genital mutation is a definite no no and can not be justified in any way.

Circumcision is a different issue and many people have it done for non religious reasons as well...

I agreed with you when I read your post Cyclone. But after reading an article from the WHO, a much more invasive examination is required to asses the damage done by this horrible act.

" What do the procedures entail?

There are four major types of FGM as identified by the World Health Organisation (WHO). These are:

1. Clitoridectomy: partial or total removal of the clitoris.

2. Excision: removing part or all of the clitoris and the inner labia (lips that surround the vagina), with or without removal of the labia majora (larger outer lips).

3. Infibulation: narrowing of the vaginal opening by creating a seal, formed by cutting and repositioning the labia.

4. Other harmful procedures to the female genitalia for non-medical purposes, including pricking, piercing, incising, scraping and cauterizing the genital area. "

A procedure that has no place in our society, in fact it has no place in any society.

Angel1.

It makes you feel sick just reading this. it must cause future problems for these poor girls after they have had this procedure done.