UKIP's new policy - force Muslim girls to have intimate examinations

How would you propose exposing this vile activity then?

From what I understand this mutilation of young girls is brutal and dehumanising.

It is odd logic that because something illegal is happening you think it allows the government to legislate the violation of all young girls in the country.

Does that logic extend elsewhere? It is illegal to take (illegal) drugs. Should every citizen have mandated and compulsory drugs checks. Why don't we have government inspections of our properties every month to make sure nothing illegal is happening inside.

Doctors are already meant to inform the authorities if they come across a case of FGM. Education is also important to make sure that young girls who feel they are at risk can talk to their teachers or child services.

I would not give UKIP or any of its supporters any credence whatsoever.

If you read even one of my posts you would realise that.

I am addressing the problem of disfiguring and mutilating young children, for some warped ideas belonging to tribal days.

It is too disgusting a subject for decent people to be discussing anyway.

What?! Well that is really going to help. Let's not talk about it and hopes that it just goes away. That'll help.. :loopy:

It is odd logic that because something illegal is happening you think it allows the government to legislate the violation of all young girls in the country.

Does that logic extend elsewhere? It is illegal to take (illegal) drugs. Should every citizen have mandated and compulsory drugs checks. Why don't we have government inspections of our properties every month to make sure nothing illegal is happening inside.

Doctors are already meant to inform the authorities if they come across a case of FGM. Education is also important to make sure that young girls who feel they are at risk can talk to their teachers or child services.

I cannot believe that you are comparing blowing dope with mutilating girls.

Guest sibon

It isn't ony Doctors. Teachers and others have an individual responsibility to report suspicions of FGM. They can be prosecuted if they don't.

I posted this link a minute ago, but it is on the bottom of the previous page. Well worth a read.

I cannot believe that you are comparing blowing dope with mutilating girls.

Don't be ridiculous. Using other examples to illustrate the comicality of your logic does not in away way mean that I am equating female genital mutilation with smoking weed (something I didn't even mention - I just said illegal drugs).

---------- Post added 24-04-2017 at 20:00 ----------

It isn't ony Doctors. Teachers and others have an individual responsibility to report suspicions of FGM. They can be prosecuted if they don't.

I posted this link a minute ago, but it is on the bottom of the previous page. Well worth a read.

Yes thanks for that - interesting read.

diane abbott proposes it , that's ok . ukip propose it , they are evil

as i said this is about ukip, she proposed it back in 2014...i didnt know, nor do i know much about her, or care. ukip have just brought it up again, thats what the threads about, thats what im trying to talk about.

at the end of the day it doesnt matter who proposes it its a stupid idea

Under their new 'integration agenda' UKIP want to force schoolgirls at risk of female genital mutilation would be given mandatory medical examinations.

http://news.sky.com/story/ukip-schoolgirls-should-have-mandatory-medical-fgm-check-every-year-10849237

Enjoy your holiday, miss...and by the way when you get back, Paul Nuttall wants to see your vagina.

diane abbott proposes it , that's ok . ukip propose it , they are evil

Well when I started the thread I wasn't aware that Diane Abbott had proposed it earlier, in 2014. If she was asserting that there should be blanket routine checks of 'at risk' children - I don't agree that's the answer. So logically I don't agree with UKIP's proposal....

Just to go back to my original question Hackey lad, I just thought it strange that of all policies, UKIP should highlight this one to the media. I guess it's because, like most people, I'm used to debates about law and order, education spending etc etc....that teachers already have a responsibility to report their suspicions to the police. Also I was curious as to what motivated it.