UKIP's new policy - force Muslim girls to have intimate examinations

I might be wrong but I think what he is asking, but only rhetorically, is why right wingers and racists care what brown people do to other brown people. Muslims, more specifically, even though the practice predates Islam and is more cultural than religious.

If not, I'm with you; it's a stupid question.

I think anyone with any sort of conscience would care about what is happening to these kids. I dont think religion or colour is even an issue.

Besides, its not just muslims who mutilate their kids for the sake of culture/religion. Jewish people do the same and again its in the name of religion/culture.

In the 21st century these practices should be banned worldwide. They serve no purpose, they are cruel and i dare say they are incredible painful and damaging.

Well they should. Any mutilation genital or otherwise of a child for religious or cultural reasons should be left in the dark ages where it belongs.

I hope you are including circumcision in that too?

EDIT: Just seen your post 2 up where you do include circumcision. Good as people seem to accept that cutting off a bit of a boys genitals is ok but cutting off a bit of girls is not. Odd how circumcision is mainly carried out my white people and FGM by brown isn't it and how that seems to directly align with the level of outrage for either.

Edited by sgtkate

I hope you are including circumcision in that too?

EDIT: Just seen your post 2 up where you do include circumcision. Good as people seem to accept that cutting off a bit of a boys genitals is ok but cutting off a bit of girls is not. Odd how circumcision is mainly carried out my white people and FGM by brown isn't it and how that seems to directly align with the level of outrage for either.

not only cultural, health and hygiene also? which is the total opposite of FGM which is purely to control :roll:

Haven't multiple studies now shown no health or hygiene benefits from circumcision. It's entirely a cultural thing, it causes pain to a child who can't consent. If adults want to do it, then fine, but doing irreversible physical things to a child who can't consent should be considered child abuse.

In post #8 where you implied that forced medical examinations are acceptable even though it constitutes an illegal search if such a blanket approach is taken.

Want to try again?

Want to try again ? Is this some sort of game to you ? In post 8 I replied to post 7 that FGM is also abuse

seems so mainly! so have a read! and educate yourself! unlike FGM which involves not only cutting but sewing up as a preventative measure Barbaric!.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Circumcision/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Did you read it yourself?

This page focuses on circumcision for medical reasons

Children who are circumcised have it done for non medical reasons. So that page is entirely irrelevant.

---------- Post added 07-09-2017 at 12:53 ----------

France has gone a step further with medical checks, including examination of genitalia, on all girls up to age 6 to be carried out by health professionals. However this has not been replicated in the UK due to the intrusive nature of the examination which itself could be traumatic and for concerns about alienating the patients and communities.

Perhaps with some data sharing between France and the UK it could be worked out which approach causes the least harm overall. Ie how many are examined, how many are found and the level of trauma caused by the examination compared to the number of prosecutions for the practice happening (which will presumably reduce future harm).