The double standards of the press

You may remember when Ed Miliband was leader of the Labour Party - there was a huge kerfuffle in the press warning the general public about the dangers of 'RED ED'

Much of the press's screaming hyperbole was in relation to his policy for a price cap on people's energy bills.

Yet now that Theresa May has suggested that she is going to do the same - the newspapers aren't accusing her of having reds under the bed, or that her father hated Britain.

The Sun is also being very kind to Mrs May - here is how they're reporting the Tory price freeze:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3395264/energy-price-cap-that-could-save-millions-of-brits-100-promised-by-the-tories-in-a-victory-for-the-sun/

This image on Twitter compares the headlines of the Daily Mail when Miliband proposed an energy price cap, and now that Theresa May has proposed a price cap.

Any thoughts on this rank unfairness?

Edited by Mister M

I'm not a supporter of any particular party and I usually enjoy listening to politics on the radio. However I'm astounded that the BBC has a chief Political correspondent "Laura Kunesburg" who appears to be unable to offer any unbiased opinion of current political matters.

How did she get this job?

Her little essays that she reads out are amateurish and sound like a jealous upset little girl talking about a boy she doesn't like when she talks about Corbyn.

I'm assuming she arrived by the position by the usual BBC nepotism, because she doesn't have any particular talent for writing presentations.

Didn't you realise the Tory's had stolen all Labours ideas and presented them as their own??

I don't know why Labour aren't making more of a song and dance about it all.

They are only taking back what Blair stole in the first place. John Major said he went for a swim in the Thames and when he got back Blair had stolen his clothes.

Didn't you realise the Tory's had stolen all Labours ideas and presented them as their own??

I don't know why Labour aren't making more of a song and dance about it all.

I'm not that bothered by the political cross-dressing (i.e. each pinching each other policies) - what bothers me is how the press were so vituperative towards Miliband when proposed an energy cap.

Now that May is promising it - well it's 'good on her!'

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 17:41 ----------

Yes, its call politics and it happens all the time.

I don't call it politics.

I'm not that bothered by the political cross-dressing (i.e. each pinching each other policies) - what bothers me is how the press were so vituperative towards Miliband when proposed an energy cap.

Now that May is promising it - well it's 'good on her!'

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 17:41 ----------

I don't call it politics.

The British media is very biased towards the establishment. - Well they would be wouldn't they, they are the establishment. Personally I think it's a very unhealthy state of affairs, but it's been that way for a long time. I do think though that of late it's getting worse.

I always thought there were rules against bias particularly in the run up to an election. However the rest of the time, the proles are fair game.