Should we boycott Nestle's Blue Riband?

I stopped buying chocolate years ago when they changed the taste of it I used to get through loads of it esp. mars bars great with a cup of coffee. If I buy sweets now its jellies or the dark chocolate from Aldi with the nuts in.

No-one eats Blue Riband anymore, they're sooo 1970's.

You speak for yourself I like a Blue Riband. You get that taste of chocolate and I don't think there is much more than a hundred calories in a bar, not bad if you are counting the calories.

Don't care if they are so 1970's. I'm still going to buy them, even if they are made in Poland. You never know they might come back in fashion.

I seem to recall in the 1970s lots of people banning nestle products - something to do with aggressively marketing powdered milk substitutes in the 3rd world.... :confused:

I was too young to remember, though we had Viscount biscuits at Mum & Dads - nothing to do with banning nestle products- Viscounts were very moreish ;)

I seem to recall that when the American company Krafts bought out Cadburys & then chucked loads of British workers on the scrapheap, there was an informal ban on Cadburys products - for a bit.

I seem to recall in the 1970s lots of people banning nestle products - something to do with aggressively marketing powdered milk substitutes in the 3rd world.... :confused:

I was too young to remember, though we had Viscount biscuits at Mum & Dads - nothing to do with banning nestle products- Viscounts were very moreish ;)

I seem to recall that when the American company Krafts bought out Cadburys & then chucked loads of British workers on the scrapheap, there was an informal ban on Cadburys products - for a bit.

bold: It goes back to what I said in post 6.

Guest sibon
bold: It goes back to what I said in post 6.

The Nestle boycott hasn't gone away. They have a website here.

It is difficult to make a boycott like that stick though. Who is going to give up eating something as delicious as Blue Ribands just to save a few hundred thousand babies?

The Nestle boycott hasn't gone away. They have a website here.

It is difficult to make a boycott like that stick though. Who is going to give up eating something as delicious as Blue Ribands just to save a few hundred thousand babies?

:hihi:

Shame they didn't want to close a factory that sold that white horrible **** they make, I'd join in the boycott then :)